Preregistration is required for all in person (or Zoom) training. Class sizes are limited. See individual training types for contact and registration information.
This training will allow respirator users to understand:
- The different types of respiratory protection;
- Where and when respirators are used;
- What requirements must be met in order to wear one;
- Limitations of your respirator;
- How to properly put on and take of the respirator; and
- How to maintain the respirator.
Who Should Train?
Employees or students who must wear a respirator during the course of their employment/study. This includes medical students applying for an away rotation. For full-face and half-face cartridge respirator use, call Environmental Health and Safety at 216.368.2907.
These steps must be completed in order to receive your respirator certification:
You must first obtain medical clearance to wear a respirator (n95, PAPR, and/or cartridge style) from CWRU Health Services. To obtain medical clearance:
- Log into myhealthconnect.case.edu
with your CWRU network ID and passphrase, then authenticate using your date of birth.
- Click messages, new message, I want to fill out a respirator form, then click continue.
- Fill out the form and click submit.
- An RN from University Health Services will review the form and will send you a secure message letting you know if you have been cleared for fit testing.
Do not submit any medical information to EHS.
If you have any questions regarding respirator medical clearance, you can visit the University Health Services website or call 216.368.2450.
EHS will send an invitation to take the OSHA respirator training through Canvas once Health Services notifies EHS that the individual seeking respirator certification has been medically cleared. A minimum score of 70% must be achieved to receive credit for training.
Once the training is complete you may sign up for a fit test using the google doc link here. Please type your name next to the desired time for the day you wish to be fit tested. Fit testing will take place at EHS.
Fit-tests will not be performed on individuals who are not clean shaven in the area of the respirator seal. If the individual fails to meet these parameters, they will have to reschedule a time to come back for fit-testing when they are clean shaven.