For Master's (Non-Thesis) Candidates:
- Final Certification of the Master's Degree — Complete the Certification Form with all relevant signatures. Submit form to the School of Graduate Studies with other final materials.
- If applicable, Student Status Form – To be submitted by students moving on to complete the doctoral degree.
- If applicable, Request for Waiver of Registration — If you cannot meet the deadlines to complete all the requirements to graduate in one term but can finish before the next term begins, you can apply for a waiver of registration for the next term. You must be registered for at least one credit hour in the semester preceding the one for which you intend to use the waiver (includes Summer).
Steps to Completion
- Complete and submit the Application for Graduation through the Student Information System (SIS) by the established deadline for the term.
- Schedule your comprehensive examination or completion of your final project with your advisor and committee members.
- Have your advisor sign the Final Certification Form, after the successful completion of your requirements.
- Obtain your department chair/program director's signature after your advisor has signed the Certification Form.
- Submit Final Materials (see below) to the School of Graduate Studies by the posted deadline.
(All materials must be received no later than the posted deadline)
Submit the following documents to the Graduate Studies by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Final Certification Form with all appropriate signatures
- Student Status Form, if applicable
- Waiver of Registration Form, if applicable
All Master's (Non-Thesis) students must be registered for at least one credit hour in the term in which they graduate.