Faculty & Staff Resources

Graduate Studies Policies, Dates/Deadlines, and Forms

Policies and Procedures

  • Verbatim copy of the Graduate Studies section of the Bulletin
  • Press Cntrl+F (Find) to easily search for what you need


  • Drop/Add
  • Course Repeat Request
  • Extension Request
  • Leave of Absence (LOA)
  • Transfer of Credit
  • Petition for Transfer of Program

SIS Resources

SIS Resources

  • Academic Requirements (AR) Reports
  • Course History
  • Planned Program of Study
  • Releasing and Advising Hold
  • Data and Reporting
  • Class Roster
  • Departmental Admin Center
  • Reviewing Permission Requests
  • Teaching Schedule
  • Entering Final and Mid-Semester Grades
  • Missing Grades Report
  • Online Grade Change
  • Uploading Grades from Canvas to SIS
  • Viewing Advisee Grades

Health and Well-Being

Direct students to University Health and Counseling or faculty and staff can call UHCS yourself to get advice from a Counselor. They can offer tips for support and intervention or you can refer someone to Counseling Services.

Student Affairs has published a guide to Encountering Student in Distress or Personal Crisis

On-Campus Emergencies 216.368.3333
Medical Advice (all hours) 216-368-2450
Counselor On-Call (all hours) 216.368.5872
    University Health and Counseling
    Counseling Services
    • 24/7 Mental Telehealth Counseling
    • Psychiatric Care
    • Group therapy
    • Rape and Sexual Misconduct Advocacy
    • ADHD and Learning Disability assessments
    • Grief Resources
    • Guided Relaxation Exercises
    • Prevention and Recovery Resources for substance abuse
    Health Services
    • COVID-19 Guidance
    • General Clinic for minor ailments
    • Allergy Clinic
    • Occupational Health
    • Sexual Health
    • Immunizations

    Food Insecurity Resources such as food pantries, GrubHub gift cards, food bags, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).

    Housing Insecurity Resources such as temporary and permanent housing options, case management services.

    Human Resources

    • Impact Solutions (Employee Assistance Program)
      • Personal Issues
      • Depression
      • Anxiety
      • Marital matters
      • Divorce adjustment and options
      • Retirement Coaching
      • Chemical dependency and abuse
      • Parenting issues
      • Work-related stress
      • Legal and financial questions
      • Nutrition and Fitness
      • web-based portal with articles, resources and interactive features.
      • Legal, financial and identity theft assistance
      • Child care and elder care resources
      • Referrals to community resources

    Resources To Assist Your Students

    Spoken English Language Partners

    • Seminars to improve English language skills
    • Free and fee-based seminars and tutoring
    • Housed in the School of Graduate Studies
    • School of Graduate Studies Professional Development Center
      • Contact Rachel Begley (reb23@case.edu)
      • We should make her a website or link to Campus Groups
      • List some things the PDC does

    Office of Equity

    • Title IX Sex Discrimination
    • Discrimination and Harassment
    • Disabilities and Accommodations (Faculty and Staff) (Students request accommodations through Disability Resources)

    Office for Inclusion, Diversity, and Equal Opportunity

    • Train The Champion
    • Diversity Awareness Training, Diversity 360, and the Power of Diversity lecture series
    • Sustained Dialogue

    Writing Resource Center

    Post Graduate Planning and Experiential Education


    * Students must be enrolled under the School of Graduate Studies. Funds are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Students may only receive each award once during their graduate career.

    Graduate Student Travel Award (GSTA)

    • Must be presenting, not just attending.
    • Departments are required to match funds 50/50 up to 500 for domestic travel and $1,000 for international travel.
    • Application materials must be submitted  2 weeks prior to travel.

    Verhosek Fund (V-Fund)

    • Must be presenting, not just attending.
    • Award up to $250, no department matching required. 
    • Application materials can be submitted up to 60 days after the conference/event.

    For students who encounter an unforeseen emergency or event. There funds are not intended to be used for routine expenses or as a consistent supplement to a student's education funding sources. Requests must be urgent in nature. This is a university-wide initiative. Funds will generally not exceed $500 per request. Generally, a maximum of one award will be given within a semester.

    Included but not limited to:

    • Costs related to medical care, including medication
    • Books or other essential academic expenses
    • Safety needs (changing a lock)
    • Assistance with replacement of essential personal belongings due to theft, fire, or natural disaster
    • Travel costs related to a death or illness of an immediate family member
    • Assistant with rent, utilities, food, etc.

    Find eligibility, the application, and additional details about the Student Emergency Fund.


    Eva L. Pancoast Memorial Fellowship

    • Women graduate students in the College of Arts & Sciences.
    • Meant to extend their education by foreign study or foreign travel, or both. 
    • Can be used any time during the 12 months following the current academic year.
    • Fellowships range from $1,000 - $3,500.

    Phi Beta Kappa Research Grants

    • Graduate students in the College of Arts & Sciences.
    • Research grants up to a few hundred dollars to support student research projects.

    Graduate Studies maintains a list of Outside Funding Opportunities for graduate students. 

    Faculty Specific Resources

    Office of Faculty Development

    • COVID 19 and Remote Teaching Resources
    • Online Training
    • Groups for Networking and Support
    • Campus Resources and Centers
    • Student Affairs
    • Faculty Directory
    • Faculty Governance
    • Human Resources
    • Research, Awards, and Grants