- One To One Fitness - Drop-in Child Care Services for CWRU
- Low cost option (about $7 per hour) for parents to utilize up to 9 hours of free childcare.
- Must book an appointment on the app, see the website for more details.
- * Children must be potty trained
- Ohio Department of Job and Family Services
- Cleveland Child Care & Early Learning Center
- Sweet Kiddles Flexible Childcare Center
- Early Childhood Enrichment Center
- Our Employee Assistance Program, Impact Solutions, also has a childcare referral service.
Local Elementary Schools
We encourage you to do a bit of research into school districts/ performance before selecting a place to live. You can look up the ratings of any district or school in Ohio.
- Cleveland Heights - Roxboro Elementary
- Cleveland Metro - Bolton School
- Cleveland Metro - Daniel E. Morgan Elementary
- Cleveland Metro - Stonebrook-White Montessori Campus
- Hathaway Brown
- Hawken School
- Shaker Heights - Boulevard Elementary School
Parental Leave Policy
Find the Paid Parental Leave policy here.
- Postdoctoral Scholars are eligible for Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) leave if they satisfy eligibility requirements. Postdoctoral Fellows are not eligible for FMLA leave. However, all postdocs may receive Paid Parental Leave, regardless of FMLA eligibility.
- Postdoctoral Scholars and Fellows are eligible for up to 8 weeks of Paid Parental Leave for the birth, adoption, or foster care placement of a child.
- If both parents/certified domestic partners work at the university, the maximum Paid Parental Leave for both together is 11 weeks. This leave may be split up however the two parents agree, provided no parent takes more than eight weeks Paid Parental Leave.
- Eligible postdocs (Scholars) may receive up to 12 weeks FMLA leave for parenting leave, depending on the amount available. The eight weeks of Paid Parental leave may be combined with other paid timed off (accrued vacation time or paid sick time) to achieve the maximum amount of paid time during the FMLA parenting leave. Prior to commencing unpaid FMLA leave, a postdoc Scholar must exhaust all available sick pay and accrued vacation hours.
- For those not covered by the FMLA policy (Fellows), you may use up to eight weeks of Paid Parental Leave, combined with other available paid time off (sick and vacation time) up to a maximum of 12 weeks.
- All Paid Parental Leave must be completed within twelve month of the date of birth, adoption, or foster placement of the child.
- Postdocs may receive up to 2 weeks of Paid Parental Leave for stillbirth. Additional leave time may be available under the FMLA policy.