2020-2021 Academic Year: Assistant Residential Community Director
The Assistant Residential Community Director (ARCD) is a 10-month live-in position that supports the creation and facilitation of an integrated residential learning environment that moves students toward achieving the goals of the undergraduate experience, working through the mission and goals of the Office of Residence Life and the Division of Student Affairs. This embedded position works with their Residential Community Director (RCD) supervisor to provide comprehensive leadership and support for a community of 230-700 students. Immersed in the student community, the ARCD and RCD actively manage the learning experience at both the community and individual level, monitoring and supporting students' holistic academic, social, and personal development throughout their transition to CWRU, their time on campus, and through graduation.
- ARCDs must have obtained a bachelor's degree prior to the CWRU Fall 2020 academic semester.
- ARCDs must be enrolled in graduate courses as a part-time/full-time degree-seeking student.
- ARCDs must be available to work 20 hours per week, with at least 10 hours of availability between 9am - 5pm Monday through Friday.
- ARCDs must limit outside employment to graduate assistantships, part-time work, or other activities to less than 20 hours per week, excluding academic recesses. Note: International students are ineligible to hold assistantships or other outside employment.
- Applicants must be available to work the complete term of the position dates (7/27/20 - 5/29/21). If your graduate program conflicts with the contract dates, please notify the selection committee in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for 2020-2021 positions are now closed! If you have questions about the ARCD position or are interested in being contacted about future openings, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please Note: Candidates applying through Kent State HIED GA Days do not need to submit an application or recommendations.
Dec 2, 2019 | Applications open for 2020-2021 academic year candidates
Feb 2, 2020 | Deadline for applications (11:59pm)
Feb 6, 2020 | Deadline for recommendations (11:59pm)
Feb 14, 2020 | ARCD Interview Day on CWRU campus (approximately 8:30am to 1:00pm)
Feb 17, 2020 | ARCD Interview Day at Kent State University GA Days (KSU only)
Feb 19, 2020 | ARCD position offers extended on rolling basis
Apr 15, 2020 | Deadline for ARCD Candidates to accept or decline position offers