Applications for the 2021-2022 Academic Year have closed.
2021-2022 Academic Year: Assistant Residential Community Director
The Assistant Residential Community Director (ARCD) is a 10-month live-in position that supports the creation and facilitation of an integrated residential learning environment that moves students toward achieving the goals of the undergraduate experience, working through the mission and goals of the Office of Residence Life and the Division of Student Affairs. This embedded position works with their Residential Community Director (RCD) supervisor to provide comprehensive leadership and support for a community of 230-700 students. Immersed in the student community, the ARCD and RCD actively manage the learning experience at both the community and individual level, monitoring and supporting students' holistic academic, social, and personal development throughout their transition to CWRU, their time on campus, and through graduation.
- ARCDs must have obtained a bachelor's degree prior to the CWRU Fall 2021 academic semester.
- ARCDs must be enrolled in graduate courses as a part-time/full-time degree-seeking student.
- ARCDs must be available to work 20 hours per week, with at least 10 hours of availability between 9am - 5pm Monday through Friday.
- ARCDs must limit outside employment to graduate assistantships, part-time work, or other activities to less than 20 hours per week, excluding academic recesses. Note: International students are ineligible to hold assistantships or other outside employment.
- Applicants must be available to work the complete term of the position dates (7/26/21 - 5/31/22). If your graduate program conflicts with the contract dates, please notify the selection committee in writing at email@example.com.
Applications for the 2021-2022 positions are now open! Any graduate student interested in the ARCD position for the 2021-2022 academic year should submit an application online, inlcuding a cover letter, current resume/CV, and the names of two recommenders.
Please Note: Candidates applying through Kent State HIED GA Days do not need to submit an application or recommendations.
Submit your application today! Applications are due by Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 11:59pm.
Cover Letter & Resume
To apply, candidates are required to upload a cover letter and current resume/CV. Candidates may want to have this prepared before starting the application.
In your cover letter please address the following questions:
- How do you see the Residence Life ARCD staff position fitting into your academic, professional, and personal goals?
- How did living in the residence halls impact your undergraduate experience? How does this connect with what you hope to bring to this role? If you have not lived in a residence hall, what do you hope to bring to this role?
- How would you leverage your collegiate experiences to support undergraduate students?
Candidates are asked to submit the names of two recommenders in the online application. We suggest that your recommendations come from people who are familiar with aspects of community living and can speak to your abilities to be a graduate staff member. Recommendations from family and relatives will not be accepted.
Candidates are responsible for requesting the recommendations and directly sending the Recommendation Form to their recommenders.
Dec 11, 2020 | Applications open for 2021-2022 academic year
Jan 27, 2021 | Deadline for applications (11:59pm)
Jan 27, 2021 | Deadline for recommendations (11:59pm)
Feb 11, 2021 | ARCD Interview Day on CWRU campus (approximately 8:30am to 1:00pm)
Feb 15, 2021 | ARCD Interview Day at Kent State University GA Days (KSU only)
Feb 16, 2021 | ARCD position offers extended on rolling basis
Apr 15, 2021 | Deadline for ARCD Candidates to accept or decline position offers (5:00pm)