In an effort to increase the security and functionality of Google in Canvas, the Google Assignments tool will replace the existing Google Apps tool beginning Aug. 15.
Compared to the existing Google Apps tool, the new Google Assignments tool has several benefits, including:
- Streamlined assignment distribution;
- The option to grade with Canvas SpeedGrader or Google Assignments;
- Visibility on assignment progress;
- Critical thinking and academic integrity with originality reports; and
- Official support by Google.
For more information about Google Assignments in Canvas, visit Google’s Use Assignments with Canvas guide.
For assistance with any technology product or service at Case Western Reserve University, contact the University Technology Service Desk at email@example.com, 216.368.HELP (4357) or visit help.case.edu.