CWRU partners with premier providers to offer reduced pricing on technology, as well as technology at no additional cost.
Looking for a new computer, smartphone or tablet? Visit the CWRU estore to view deals from popular companies such as Dell, Apple, AT&T and Verizon.
[U]Tech Recommended Computer Specifications
- Hard Drive: 256GB Solid State Drive (SSD)
- RAM: 8GB
- Windows Processor: Intel Core i5
- Mac Processor: M1 or M2
- Hard Drive: 512GB SSD
- RAM: 12GB - 16GB
- Windows Processor: Intel Core i7
- Mac Processor: M1 or M2
Recommended specifications for computers running rendering software:
- Hard Drive: 512GB - 1TB SSD
- RAM: 16GB
- Windows Processor: Intel Core i9
- Mac Processor: M1 Max or M2 Pro
- Graphics: 4GB - 8GB RAM on dedicated graphics card
- All devices should include a web camera and microphone for video conferencing and remote learning
- We recommend purchasing a four-year, full-care warranty to cover the new hardware.
- We do not recommend relying on Chromebooks or tablets for primary computer needs as some software, such as types used for course exams, may not work on those devices.
- The [U]Tech C.A.R.E. Center is a certified Authorized Service Provider for Dell, Lenovo and Apple devices, meaning it can handle warranty repairs on those companies’ computers. The center is located on campus and supplies in-person technical support at no additional cost to all members of the CWRU community. Cost of replacement equipment not covered by warranty may apply.
Over 40 software titles are available to download — most at no additional cost. Visit softwarecenter.case.edu to download Microsoft® Office®, Adobe® Acrobat® Reader and more.
MyApps provides a virtual desktop environment with access to run all of the software licensed to any CWRU community member based on program of study, course enrollment or role at the university, without the need for installation on a computer. It's perfect for Chromebooks. Learn more.
Zoom Video Conferencing
Zoom is the next generation of online video conferencing available at CWRU. Experience cloud video conferencing, online meetings, group messaging and a virtual conference room solution in one. It works on an easy-to-use platform across Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS, iOS, Android, Blackberry, Zoom Rooms and H.323/SIP room systems. Visit Zoom to get started today.
[U]Tech partners with LinkedIn Learning to provide video-based training for essential software, new technologies and business skills. Popular topics include Adobe® Creative Cloud®, Microsoft® Office®, time management, interviewing techniques and much more. Current students, faculty and staff members enjoy unlimited access, at no additional cost, through the CWRU portal at LinkedIn Learning.