UTech has implemented an Incident Management model that pulls from industry-standard methodologies and has been customized for our specific IT environment. Many of the processes and results achieved at CWRU compare favorably to other IT organizations across the country and are considered to be cutting-edge within the sector of Higher Education. Incident Management encompasses our IT Service Desk, UTech resolver teams, ticket tracking, customer satisfaction surveys, and the metrics that help support UTech's data-driven approach to providing the best IT experience possible for the CWRU community.
In March 2023, the UTech Service Desk saw a volume of over 4600 contacts to the Service Desk. UTech reached 65 months in a row with a Customer Satisfaction score of 4.7 or more. The score was 4.77 (out of 5) for March. Every month, Coforge is contractually committed to achieving the following metrics:
- 70% of calls answered within an average speed to answer of 30 seconds; CWRU was at 80.52% for March 2023;
- Call abandonment rate of less than or equal to 8%; 5.26% for CWRU for March 2023;
- First call resolution of 65%; 65.35% for CWRU for March 2023.
Our “Net Promoter Score” (NPS), a measure to track customer satisfaction based on customer survey results, was at 79% for March 2023. A positive NPS (i.e. higher than zero) is thought to be good, higher than 50% is considered excellent and more than 70% top class.
** Metric Definitions:
- Average Speed to Answer - Time elapsed between a call entering the Service Desk phone queue and being answered by an analyst.
- % Abandoned - The percentage of calls in which the callers disconnects after waiting for more than 30 seconds.
- First Call Resolution Rate - The percentage of incidents and service requests resolved by the Service Desk without escalating to a resolver team.