Research endeavors frequently necessitate the creation of databases and related applications. UTech offers premier database design and programming services that leverage the Web-based Oracle Application Express (APEX) system. With these services, researchers can produce sound data management plans and create secure and effective systems for their research needs. Because the APEX system is entirely Web-based, there is no need for researchers to purchase specialized hardware or software; it can be used on any computer with a Web browser.
Availability + Service Expectations
- The Research Database Services are currently available to Case faculty for academic and research purposes.
- RCCI-managed services include:
- Web access to an Oracle database
- Two gigabytes of storage
- Database design and programming services
- Often are provided through salary support from funded research grants, but these services also are available on a weekly, daily or hourly basis.
- Collection of data (directly or as digitized entry from paper forms) for clinical trials and other research projects
- Organizational surveys and data collection
- Management of multi-step processes, especially those based on tables of data (progress of awards in an academic department, requirements for a certification, agreements with other universities with a mapping of faculty and file repository)
- Applications with broader use can be arranged to allow many people to use/browse/submit while only some may be administrators/editors
- For an overview of CWRU faculty research utilizing HPC resources, please visit our Research Publications & Scholarly Materials page.
Associated RCCI Resources + Services
- Consultation Services - To assist Case faculty and PIs in navigating available computational and cyberinfrastructure resources available, UTech Research Computing offers a number of different consultation opportunities.
- Who manages the HPC Service?
- The Research Database service manager is Matt Garvey. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How can I get the HPC Service?
- Contact email@example.com with any questions regarding the account application process.
- Where can I find more information about UTech Research Computing and the HPC?
- In addition to the Additional HPC Information section below, please view our Research Computing Brochure.