Cisco 7x90 phones connected to the campus VoIP network must have the switch port set for "10FULL". Use of "10AUTO" or other configuration options results in robotic or "Darth Vader"-like voice quality. Use the phone’s settings button to verify or change this setting.
How to change the "Switch Port Configuration" setting:
- Hang up the phone.
- Press the settings button.
- Press 3 (or scroll to Network Configuration and press Select).
- Press 39 with no time between digits (or scroll to SW Port Configuration and press Select).
- Make sure that the "39 SW Port Configuration" line is highlighted.
- Press **# (star, star, pound). The Edit soft button will appear.
- Enter "10F" using the keypad.
- Press the number 1 one time until a 1 appears in the screen
- Press the number 0 (zero) four times until a 0 appears next to the 1
- Press the number 3 three times until the letter f appears next to 10
- Make sure it says 10f on your screen.
- Press Validate.
- Press Save.
- When the configuring stops, pick up the handset as if you are going to make a call, then hang up the handset.
- If another device will be plugged into this phone’s "PC Port," use the above procedure to set 40 PC Port:
- • A phone daisy-chained to this phone – set 40 PC Port to 10FULL
- An Analog Terminal Adapter (ATA) daisy-chained to this phone – set 40 PC Port to 10HALF