Text a Tip
The EyeWitness program enables the Case Western Reserve University community to be the eyes and ears of campus safety.
Send a tip to the CWRU Police and Security Dispatch office by text message at 67283. All tips should begin with CWRUtip(space). Once a tip is submitted, the dispatch office will respond as appropriate. Response may include requests for additional information or the dispatch of an officer to the scene.
Although EyeWitness tips are anonymous, CWRU encourages users to include identifying details to aid dispatchers (including a contact number), particularly when the tip concerns an emergency.
How to text a tip:
- Open the text message application on your mobile device.
- Specify 67283 as the message recipient. Your phone or mobile device may insert a dash (-) and display the number as 672-83.
- In the subject field, type CWRUtip followed by a space.
- Type your message.
- Tap Send.
- After the tip is received, a message will be returned that states:
"Your anonymous tip has been received by CWRUtip. Your ID is (random series of letters). Store your ID in a safe place and delete this message."
- A dispatcher will respond to your tip. Take note of any request for information and reply to the dispatcher with CWRUtip(space) message.
NOTE: CWRU reserves the right to access tip information, which may include the phone number associated with the tip; when necessary for criminal investigations and prosecutions, life threatening emergencies and to investigate abuse of the EyeWitness security system.