OnBase is an enterprise content management (ECM) system that performs and consolidates the following functions into a single application:
- Data management
- Process management
- Paper management
Using OnBase, users can store data and documents originating in multiple formats, using a variety of input methods (such as data imports, scanning, email, fax and/or direct data entry). OnBase supports user collaboration via programmatic decision-making and WorkFlow.
With OnBase, users can concentrate on high value-add work by leveraging electronic files and simplifying complex workflows. OnBase connects with existing business systems to reduce paper waste and the risk of costly errors.
OnBase offers the following additional benefits:
- Audit trail
- Configurable security
- Retention policies
- Integration with other data systems
- Automated notifications
- Inter-departmental collaboration
CWRU uses Hyland Software's OnBase 17 (22.214.171.124).
OnBase is compatible with the following browsers and versions:
- Apple Safari 10, 10.1, and 11 on OS X and macOS
- Firefox 52 & 52 ESR
- Google Chrome 57
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11, plus the latest ActiveX control - Recommended
OnBase is used across the CWRU campus by faculty and staff who:
- process a large number of files
- use forms for data collection as a feature of their business process
- have specific security and retention requirements
- have a need for collaboration and data reporting
Get The Service
Interested parties should complete the OnBase Service Request Form.
The information submitted via this form will facilitate the planning, prioritization, implementation, and ultimate support of the OnBase solution that best meets your needs. You can also use the form to submit general questions. If you are not able to access the OnBase Service Request Form, please contact the UTech Service Desk by emailing email@example.com or calling 216.368.HELP (4357).