Courtesy Passes are for CWRU employees. Courtesy Stamps differ and are for guests.
Courtesy parking passes are for CWRU employees only. Requesting departments pay $25 per pass (plus any additional access card deposits), per the calendar year (January 1-December 31). Passes cover two or fewer hours of parking outside an assigned lot. These are for work-related needs such as deliveries, carrying heavy equipment, or multiple department locations.
Current courtesy passes are valid for two calendar years, but a renewal fee will still be charged each calendar year. The same pass will be used until the expiration date printed on the pass.
Courtesy Parking Guidelines
Limited courtesy passes are issued per lot. Once full, a lot becomes unavailable.
- A Courtesy Pass is issued only to someone with an existing parking permit.
- Courtesy Parking Passes MUST be used in conjunction with your current hangtag, and are not refundable or transferable.
- Courtesy passes are valid from January 1 - December 31. The price is not pro-rated for late requests.
- Courtesy passes cannot be used in metered lots.
- The passes are valid in university-owned parking lots or garages only (not between buildings, sidewalks, etc.).
- Courtesy Passes MUST be displayed on your dashboard or affixed to the lower left-hand corner of your front windshield where it can be visible. Your parking hangtag must remain displayed from your rearview mirror at all times. Failure to show your courtesy parking pass and hangtag correctly will result in a violation. Access Services cannot waive these tickets. Please file an appeal with SP Plus.
- Courtesy Passes may be locked out during special events in any of the lots.
- Your department must submit a Courtesy Pass Request Form every two years to renew a current pass.
- The Access Services will review each request. Outstanding violations or previous misuse result in denial.
- These Courtesy Passes will be valid through December 31, 2020. Any employee leaving the University will be required to return their Courtesy Pass along with their parking materials (hang tag/gate card). Replacement fees may apply if lost.
- Displaying a courtesy pass or hang tag that has been canceled, altered, defaced, counterfeited, or reported as missing results in a $100 fine in addition to all of the preceding fines.
- Outstanding violations must be paid in full before the courtesy pass is processed. Access Services will contact each individual on an as-needed basis regarding violations. Note: Violations cannot be disputed with the Access Services office.
- Access Services will conduct random audits of courtesy pass usage. Courtesy passes can and will be audited at any time to ensure compliance.
- Courtesy Pass holders are not to use their pass for all day parking nearer to their building than their assigned parking lot.
- Passes are unavailable for lots: 1B, 7, 10, 13, 27, 33, 48, 51, 52, 52A&B, 66A&B.
- Departmental courtesy passes cannot exceed two (2) for any single department at any given time. If more is needed, individual/personal courtesy passes must be submitted.
- Medical Assist Parking requests go to:
- University Health Services at 216.368.6720 (Short-Term Disability).
- Equal Opportunity & Diversity at 216.368.8877 (Long-Term Disability).
- All approved temporary medical parking must be picked up in person at Access Services by the permit holder.