Emeritus ID Card
New and existing Emeriti may exchange their current ID card for an Emeritus card at Access Services, Lower Level. Office hours are 9:00 am - 4:00 pm Monday through Friday. You must show as Emeritus in the CWRU Directory before an Emeritus ID card can be issued. If you are not sure if you are officially Emeritus, please contact the Provost Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 216.368.4389.
Your new ID card will only grant you access to default areas and your parking areas (see below). If any additional access is needed, it must be requested by your department. For questions on who to contact for your area, please email Access Services at email@example.com or call 216-368-2273 during regular business hours.
To obtain your emeritus parking permit, you must complete a parking application that includes your vehicle information (license plate number, make, model, year, color, etc.). If you currently hold a parking permit, you must return it before we can issue the emeritus hang tag.
Please read the following information carefully.
- Emeritus parking privileges are offered to those who have been granted emeritus status by Case Western Reserve University. They are not extended to spouses or relatives and remain in effect only for the lifetime of the person to whom the emeritus parking hang tag is issued.
- Only one hang tag is issued. If the tag is misplaced or lost, please contact Access Services for instructions on how to replace your items. A replacement fee for both the hang tag and access card will apply.
Emeritus Parking Lots
There are several parking lots available for Emeritus. Each lot is listed below under the type of access it requires:
- White/Grey Gate Card
- Lots 29 (Campus Center Garage) and Lot 53 (Veale Garage)
- CWRU ID Card
- Lot 1A (MLK North, outside of Wickenden, Glennan, Olin, etc.)
- Lot 46 (NRV Garage on E118), and Lot 55 (Health Science Garage LOWER LEVEL PERMIT SECTION ONLY)
- Drive-on Lots (no access needed)
- Lots 44 (Murray Hill and Adelbert) and 47 (Art Studio off Adelbert)
Prohibited Parking Lots
Due to size and available spaces in certain parking areas, parking is prohibited for Emeritus in the following lots on campus:
- Lot 7 (outside of Think[box])
- Lot 13 (outside Adelbert Hall and Millis)
- Lot 33 (behind the Church of the Covenant)
- Lot 51 (Allen Memorial Library)
- Lot 52 (MSASS Garage)
- Lot 52A (near The Den)
- Lot 52B (outside MSASS)
- Lot 55 (upper level, visitors section)
An emeritus hangtag does not allow you to park in visitor or meter lots or in areas designated for Facilities and Service Vehicles.
If you have any questions, contact Access Services.