Courtesy parking passes are for CWRU employees only. Requesting departments pay $25 per pass (plus any additional access card deposits), per calendar year (January 1-December 31). Passes cover two or fewer hours of parking outside an assigned lot. These are for work-related needs such as deliveries, carrying heavy equipment, or multiple department locations.
Current courtesy passes are valid for two calendar years, but a renewal fee will still be charged each calendar year. The same pass will be used until the expiration date printed on the pass.
Courtesy Parking Guidelines
Limited courtesy passes are issued per lot. Once full, a lot becomes unavailable.
- A Courtesy Pass is issued only to someone with an existing parking permit.
- Courtesy passes are valid from January 1 - December 31. The price is not pro-rated for late requests.
- Courtesy passes cannot be used in metered lots.
- The passes are valid in university-owned parking lots or garages only (not between buildings, sidewalks, etc.).
- Both the courtesy pass and parking permit must be displayed on the vehicle -- pass on the dashboard or lower left-hand corner of the windshield and permit hung per usual. Failure to do both results in a violation.
- Your department must submit a Courtesy Pass Request Form every two years to renew a current pass.
- The Access Services will review each request. Outstanding violations or previous misuse result in denial.
- Displaying a courtesy pass or hangtag that has been canceled, altered, defaced, counterfeited, or reported as missing results in a $100 fine in addition to all of the foregoing fines.
- Outstanding violations must be paid in full before the courtesy pass is processed. Access Services will contact each individual on an as-needed basis regarding violations. Note: Violations cannot be disputed with the Access Services office.
- Access Services will conduct random audits of courtesy pass usage. Courtesy passes can and will be audited at any time to ensure compliance.
- Courtesy Pass holders are not to use their pass for all-day parking nearer to their building than their assigned parking lot.
- Passes are unavailable for lots: 1B, 7, 10, 13, 27, 33, 48, 51, 52, 52A&B, 66A&B
- Medical Assist Parking requests go to:
- University Health Services at 216.368.6720 (Short-Term Disability).
- Office of Equity 216-368-3066 (Long-Term Disability).
- All approved temporary medical parking must be picked up in person at Access Services by the permit holder.