The Case Comprehensive Cancer Center welcomes applications from all faculty who have cancer-related research interests. Membership criteria and privileges are described below.
Categories of Membership
- Faculty with a full-time appointment in a department at Case Western Reserve University (CWRU) with demonstrated cancer research interest; and
- Have independent funding for cancer-related research from an external funding agency or have principal investigator status on an investigator-initiated clinical trial.
- Otherwise qualified applicants who are not yet faculty will be given a twelve-month grace period after acceptance to obtain a full-time faculty appointment.
- Junior faculty who plan to pursue an academic career focused in cancer-related research; and are eligible to apply for national peer-reviewed support; and have mentored or small grant cancer-related funding. Membership is renewable upon review every three years.
- Those who lead a shared resource or have other significant roles, or strong participation in a Cancer Center program may be approved as Associate Members. Membership is renewable every three years upon review, but is limited to the period during which they serve in these roles.
- Faculty who are leaders in clinical research as PIs of clinical trials or multi-center trials and participate in Clinical Trials Disease Teams.
Trainee Associate Member
- Students (undergraduate, graduate or medical), postdocs, residents, fellows, and junior faculty that conduct cancer-focused research and/or are engaged in oncology-related clinical training
Privileges of Membership
- Full members are eligible for secondary appointment in the Division of General Medical Sciences-Oncology, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine;
- Use of shared resources;
- Information about targeted funding opportunities;
- Eligibility to apply for developmental funds;
- Eligibility to apply for interim research support;
- Eligibility to participate in planning for program development;
- Eligibility to participate in Cancer Center-sponsored special events and retreats.
- Members will participate in and contribute to a Cancer Center scientific program;
- Members will provide to the Cancer Center an annual summary of their research activities by updating their NIH Biosketch;
- Membership will be reviewed and renewed every three years based on membership criteria. Associate members are reviewed every three years, unless criteria for full membership are met earlier.
Membership is open to faculty with cancer-related research interests. Before applying for membership, please review the above criteria.
To apply, please fill out a Case CCC Membership Application. Completed applications include an upload of your 4-page NIH biosketch. If you have any questions about the membership process, please contact Christina Buzzy at 216.368.1513 or firstname.lastname@example.org.