The Advantages of Membership
Case Comprehensive Cancer Center (Case CCC) membership allows you to engage experts, collaborate with colleagues, find funding, and advance your research. We welcome applications from individuals affiliated with Case Western Reserve University (CWRU), University Hospitals (UH), and Cleveland Clinic (CC) who have cancer-related research interests. Membership criteria and privileges are described below.
Categories of Membership
An independent faculty member with cancer-related research interests and a full-time appointment in a department at CWRU who meets at least one of these criteria:
- Has independent peer-reviewed funding as PI or co-PI for cancer-related research or
- Heads an IIT as PI or Co-PI or
- Leads a shared resource or has other leadership roles in the Case CCC or
- Shows continuous scholarly productivity in cancer-relevant publications and/or by leading externally funded cancer research projects.
Full members are eligible for secondary appointment in the Division of General Medical Sciences-Oncology, CWRU School of Medicine.
An independent faculty member with cancer-related research interests and a full-time appointment in a department at CWRU, including early-career faculty, who are eligible to apply for national peer-reviewed grants but are not PI or co-PI on any externally funded cancer-related research projects.
An independent faculty member with cancer-related research interests and a full-time appointment in a department at CWRU who enrolls patients in clinical trials and participates in Clinical Trials Disease Teams but is not a PI of an IIT.
Trainee Associate Member
Students (graduate or medical), postdocs, residents, and fellows affiliated with CWRU, Cleveland Clinic, or UH, who conduct cancer-focused research and/or are engaged in oncology-related clinical training. Trainee Associate Members are generally not independent faculty with their own research support.
- Use of shared resources
- Access to targeted funding opportunities
- Eligibility to apply for developmental funds
- Eligibility to apply for interim research support
- Eligibility to participate in planning for program development
- Eligibility to participate in Case CCC-sponsored special events and retreats
To maintain membership, you can participate in and/or contribute to a Case CCC scientific program and provide annually updated NIH Biosketch and Other Support Document. Case CCC reviews memberships based on membership criteria. Associate members are reviewed tri-annually unless criteria for full membership are met earlier.
Apply for Membership
Contact for More Information
Contact email@example.com with any questions about the membership process.