The Tissue Resources Shared Resource (SR) is a specialized unit of the Human Tissue Procurement Facility (HTPF) that supports Cancer Center member researchers by acquiring, preserving, and distributing high quality human tissues and providing priority histology, immunohistochemistry, tissue microarray, and laser capture microdissection services for both human and animal tissues. Services are open to all Cancer Center members on an equal basis. Free parking is provided to members picking up samples who work off the CWRU/University Hospitals campus.
Samples are for research purposes only and may not be used for clinical diagnosis or implantation into humans. Clinical information relating to the samples and donors are collected and maintained in a secure database. Samples and data are de-identified or de-linked before release to the researcher unless he/she has specific IRB approval to gain access to this information.
Please note: Researchers must complete a formal application and have an IRB approval or exemption for the study to access human tissue from the SR.
Click on each link for more information
Policies of Operation
Instructions to Investigators and Links to Forms
- Tissue Research Application/Template
- iRIS instructions to apply for Non-Human Subjects Determinations
- HTPF Registration Form to Receive Human Tissues for Research
- Data Use Agreement Form for Human Tissues
- Investigator Tissue Collection Process
- Applying for Tissue Blocks or Slides for Testing Purposes and Assay Development
- Applying for Non-Cancer Specimens
- Applying for Cancer Specimens
- Applying for Sections of Formalin Fixed, Paraffin Embedded (FFPE) Cancer Tissues in the Hospital's Clinical Archives
Remember to acknowledge the valuable services provided by Cancer Center Shared Resources in your research papers and publications:
"This research was supported by the Tissue Resources Shared Resource of the Case Comprehensive Cancer Center (P30CA043703)."
Contact for Information
Tissue Procurement, IHC and TMA Services:
|Director||Marta Couce, MD, PhD
|Co-Director||Daniel J. Lindner, MD, PhD
|Co-Director||Jennifer Ko, MD, PhD
|Manager of Operations||Adam Kresak, MS
|Tissue Procurement Services||Wendi Barrett, BA
|Histology Services||Jenifer Mikulan, BBA
|IHC, TMA, and Photomicroscopy Services||Adam Kresak, MS