The Marian K. Shaughnessy Nurse Leadership Program at the Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing congratulates the second cohort on its completion of the Coldiron Senior Nurse Executive Fellowship Program.
During a private ceremony and conference held in Palm Springs, California, in January, the 15 fellows officially completed their year-long program designed to empower executive nurse leaders to make healthcare more patient-centered, cost-effective, accessible and quality driven.
The Fellowship was launched in March 2021 and includes five sessions presented over a 15-month period. The curriculum includes sessions on executive presence, financial acumen, care coordination, quality and safety competencies, wellness, public communication and understanding and leading change.
Fellows of the second cohort include:
- Michelle Acorn, DNP, NP PHC/Adult, MN/ACNP, BScN/PHCNP, FCAN, GCNC, FAAN
- Gloria Lamela Beriones, PhD, RN, NEA-BC
- Latina M. Brooks, PhD, CNP, FAANP
- Joan O’Hanlon Curry, MS, RN, CPNP, CPON®
- Mary Dolansky, PhD, RN, FAAN
- Evelyn Duffy, DNP, AGPCNP-BC, FAANP
- Hilla Fighel, PhD, RN
- Jason H. Gilbert, PhD MBA RN NEA-BC
- Tmira Hefetz, RN, PhD(c)
- Marci Holub, DNP, RN, CENP, NEA-BC
- Mary Beth Modic, DNP, APRN-CNS-CDCES, FAAN
- Germaine C. Nelson, DNP, MBA, RN, NEA-BC, CPXP, CEN
- Rebecca A. Owens, DNP, MBA, MSN, RN-BC
- Denise Robinson, DNP, MPH, BSN, RN, WOCN
- Lavonia Thomas DNP, RN, NEA-BC, CPHIMS
The conference included educational sessions provided by the American Organization for Nursing Leadership, as well as a panel focused on entrepreneurship hosted by Michael Goldberg, Inaugural Executive Director at the Veale Institute for Entrepreneurship at CWRU, and Global Advisory Board Member of the Marian K. Shaughnessy Nurse Leadership Academy.
The panel also included Joyce Fitzpatrick, Director of the Shaughnessy Academy, alumnae Judith Shamian and Margaret Fitzgerald, and Mike Shaughnessy.
For more information about the Coldiron Senior Nurse Executive Fellowship Program, visit https://case.edu/nursing/programs/shaughnessy-nurse-leadership-academy/initiatives-and-programs/coldiron-senior-nurse-executive-fellowship