Through programs of interdisciplinary research and scholarship, faculty at the FPB School of Nursing are committed to the development and dissemination of new knowledge to support nursing practice and education.
Focused Programs of Research & Research Training Include
- Symptom Science
- Family/Community Care
- Aging Across the Lifespan
- Self-Management of Health and Illness
Collaborative relationships with students, clinical agencies and communities support innovative, outcome-based research and the advancement of knowledge.
The School's Centers of Excellence Provide Additional Assistance to These Research Programs
- Sarah Cole Hirsh Institute for Best Nursing Practices Based on Evidence
- The University Center on Aging and Health (UCAH)
- Center of Excellence for Self-Management Advancement through Research and Translation (SMART)
- Full Inclusion of Persons with Disabilities in Self-Management Research (FIND) Lab
- The Dorothy Ebersbach Academic Center for Flight Nursing: Education
- Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) Institute