Excellence in Nursing Science & Education
The Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing at Case Western Reserve University, as a recognized leader in education in nursing, is committed to innovation through research. The PhD in nursing is a research doctorate. You will learn from the nation’s top nurse scientists. You will also work with these outstanding faculty to conduct interdisciplinary Research and scholarship in one of the following focus areas
- Symptom Science
- Family/Community Care
- Aging Across the Lifespan
- SelfManagement of Health and Illness
During the admissions process, the School of Nursing works in collaboration with the School of Graduate Studies, which awards all PhD degrees at Case Western Reserve.
Interested in a Clinical Doctorate? Find out the difference here.
- Five different Entry Points and Scheduling Options: traditional format, fast-track option, dual doctoral program, advanced standing for DNP graduates, and the dual-degree MSN/PhD program.
- Outstanding clinical and research affiliations with the nation’s best hospitals: University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center, Cleveland Clinic, the VA Northeast Ohio Healthcare System, and MetroHealth Medical Center
- Opportunities to collaborate with the school’s Centers of Excellence
- Education courses available to prepare PhD graduates to teach and mentor the next generation of nurse scientists