The Marian K. Shaughnessy Nurse Leadership Program at the Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing is proud to welcome the third cohort of the Coldiron Senior Nurse Executive Fellowship Program.
During a private conference held in Palm Springs, California, in January, the 16 fellows officially began their year-long program designed to empower executive nurse leaders to make healthcare more patient-centered, cost-effective, accessible and quality driven.
The Fellowship was launched in March 2021 and includes five sessions presented over a 15-month period. The curriculum includes sessions on executive presence, financial acumen, care coordination, quality and safety competencies, wellness, public communication and understanding and leading change.
The third cohort of the Coldiron Senior Nurse Executive program began meeting in 2023. The 16 fellows include:
- Abeer Al Blooshi, DNP, RN
- Kenneth David Bailey, PhD, MBA, MSN, RN, CCRN-k, NEA-BC, FACHE, FAAN
- Anna Cerra, DNP, MSN, MHA, RN
- Joelle Coq, DNP, MS, BS, BSN, RN, NEA-BC
- Earl Dalton MHA, MSL, BSN, NEA-BC
- Melora Ferren, PhD, RN, NEA-BC, NPD-BC
- Catrina Heffernan, DNP, MSc, PGDE, H.Dip, BSc, RN
- Molly Jackson, DNP, APRN, MSN, BSN, ACHPN, CNE
- Christine Johnstone, MSN, MHA, RN, PHN
- Shirly Luz PhD, RN
- Eileen Magri PhD, RN NEA-BC
- Maribeth Massie Ph.D., MS, CRNA, FAAN, FAANA
- Brienne Sandow, MSN, RN, NEA-BC
- Marlon Garzo Saria, PhD, RN, AOCNS, OCN, NEA-BC, NPD-BC, FAAN
- Damita J. Williams EdD, MSN, RN, CPN, CENP
- Linda Zieman, DNP, MM, MSN, RN, CEN, NEA-BC
The conference included educational sessions provided by the American Organization for Nursing Leadership, as well as a panel focused on entrepreneurship hosted by Michael Goldberg, Inaugural Executive Director at the Veale Institute for Entrepreneurship at CWRU, and Global Advisory Board Member of the Marian K. Shaughnessy Nurse Leadership Academy.
The panel also included Joyce Fitzpatrick, Director of the Shaughnessy Academy, alumnae Judith Shamian and Margaret Fitzgerald, and Mike Shaughnessy.
Coldiron Cohort 3 also attended sessions under the leadership of Stuart Downs, a graduate of the inaugural Coldiron cohort.
For more information about the Coldiron Senior Nurse Executive Fellowship Program, visit https://case.edu/nursing/programs/shaughnessy-nurse-leadership-academy/initiatives-and-programs/coldiron-senior-nurse-executive-fellowship