36 - Buildings received network upgrades in fiscal year 2017/2018.
94 switches were replaced during this process.
66,373 - Unique wireless devices connected to CWRU-operated wireless networks in fiscal year 2017/2018.
36TB - Amount of data that crosses the campus backbone network (excluding Science DMZ) in an average day.
1,000,000 - Critical malicious connection attempts blocked by the CWRU campus Internet firewalls per month.
Expanding IT Success
Initiative VI highlights the importance of improving access and availability to information and data for the university community. To succeed, UTech will upgrade the business process of managing and securing the important content created by the students, faculty and staff at CWRU. Here are the facts:
- Members of the UTech staff are active in the CWRU Compliance Committee and participated on the Compliance Committee Policy Life Cycle Task Force.
- UTech engaged with the Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences to use OnBase for assessing fidelity to evidence-based practices (EBPs). OnBase will calculate scores, facilitate inter-rater reliability/consensus and produce reporting for the school.
- With the support of UTech, the Office of Planned Giving adopted OnBase to implement an electronic file cabinet to replace paper files and create a system of template documents including new trusts and annuity contracts.
- The KeyManager project is under way and UTech is using OnBase to improve the overall process of requesting and receiving office keys campus-wide.
- UTech continues operational support for Box and Google Docs for the university community. Both systems provide the university community with options for storing and sharing files.
- UTech will help the new Health Education Campus be paperless by maintaining OnBase for employees in the new building.
- UTech supported the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business accreditation process, including focus on data integrity and reporting for faculty qualifications and intellectual contributions.
- UTech is supporting Accounts Payable at CWRU in using OnBase to identify and implement improvements with customer indexing panel, immediate pay and modifications to workflow.
- The Governance Board works on a monthly basis with UTech to move all electronic documents into OnBase—representation includes the Office of the Provost, Department of Human Resources, Case School of Engineering, Office of Student Affairs, CWRU School of Medicine and the Office of General Counsel.
A collaborative effort between UTech and the university’s Chief Business Officers is addressing improved data sharing and reporting. The group has been working together to develop policy and methods for efficiently consolidating and sharing data points via three sub-groups established as working committees for Student Information System data, Financials and Accounts Payable data and Human Capital Management data. The group is driving towards a university data dashboard and preparing for a data lake solution.
The Office of the Provost requested a way to handle document management requirements using OnBase. This project resulted in a proposed OnBase form developed by UTech that can be used to digitally facilitate faculty actions, including appointments, promotions and tenure. The Case School of Engineering has volunteered to pilot the tool, with an eye toward migrating it to other Schools in the future.