Training Offered by CWRU
[U]Tech and other faculty support partners will be providing a number of training sessions in the coming weeks to help faculty prepare to teach remotely. We will be updating this page often with additional training opportunities and specific training details. Please see our Teach Everywhere page for additional guidance and technology information for teaching remotely or blended classes.
We've held a lot of trainings! Here are recordings for previously-held webinars!
Dual Delivery Supplemental Sessions
- Echo360 Overview (1 hour): Learn about Echo360, how it can be used to host videos in your Canvas courses, and what tools are available to you and your students.
- Canvas Assessments (1 hour): In this session, we’ll be talking about building exams in Canvas, including the best setting options for your exam, question banks, and grading submissions.
- Advanced Canvas Tips & Tricks (45 minutes): You know the basics of Canvas and have been using it to teach for several years now. But do you know all the next-level features that you could be using to save time and make your Canvas course spectacular? Join us to find out more!
- Google Docs Basics (45 minutes): This session covers getting started with Google Docs, including information about sharing settings, organizing your content, and finding your files.
- Building Zoom Confidence (1 hour): Learn tips for sharing your screen, navigating the Zoom interface, and the basic troubleshooting steps you can take when things aren’t going smoothly. If you’re nervous about Zoom, this is a great session for you!
- Zoom Breakout Rooms (30 minutes): This session is focused solely on breakout rooms in Zoom, including how to set them up, monitor them, and allow students to make recordings.
- Collaborating in Canvas (1 hour): Join this session to learn more about Canvas discussion boards, groups, and collaborations.
- Transcript Correction in Echo360 and Zoom (40 minutes): In this session, you’ll learn how to correct transcripts in Echo360 and Zoom, improving the accessibility of your videos!
- Video Production Basics (45 minutes): Learn how to successfully create videos for your classes, including information on different types of videos and best practices for making a professional final product. We’ll make sure to share options for recording your screen, a “document camera” setup, and your smiling face!
- Holding Engaging Zoom Meetings (1 hour): Learn more about engaging your participants in Zoom, including breakout rooms, nonverbal feedback tools, polls, and tips for hosting like a pro!
- Tools for Communication (50 minutes): This session will delve into the tools available for communicating with students. We’ll talk about options in Canvas, setting-up Zoom office hours, and organizational tips for your webmail inbox.
- Integrations (60 minutes): We’ll be sharing information on the Canvas, Zoom, and Echo360 integrations, and how they all play together.
Remote Instruction Technology Trainings
Getting Started with Remote Technologies (1 hour): Learn which technologies are available and when to use them, as well as information for communicating with students effectively using online tools
Getting Started with Canvas (1 hour): Learn how to access Canvas, create a course, and understand the course life cycle in Canvas. Get more information about using assignments, modules, and files in an organized way, and how you can use Canvas to communicate with students.
Making Videos with Echo360 Universal Capture (45 minutes): Learn how to login and download Universal Capture, record instructional content, and share what you have recorded.
Getting Started with Zoom (1 hour): Learn how to successfully create, start, and record a Zoom session, including information on how to share your screen and provide participants the meeting information.
Getting Stated with Remote Testing (1 hour): Learn about creating quizzes in Canvas, as well as remote testing options at CWRU.
In addition to trainings offered by CWRU, various vendors are offering webinars to discuss their products.
Check the training schedule above for upcoming Zoom training. In addition, UTech also offers tailored Zoom training for individuals or departments, including departmental TA training. You can request training through the UTech Service Desk by calling (216) 368-HELP, e-mailing email@example.com or submitting a ticket through the Help web page (help.case.edu).
If you have a Zoom issue during class, contact the UTech Service Desk and a technician can join your Zoom meeting and provide assistance. You will need to provide your meeting ID.