Passwords are created upon the activation of the CWRU Network ID. It is recommended that it be changed every 180 days (once per semester); passwords expire after 365 days. You will receive email notifications prior to your password's expiration date. Prior to your password's expiration date, it can be changed. If you forget your password, it can be reset at the password reset page.
IMPORTANT: CWRU will never ask for your password via email. If you receive an email asking for your CWRU Network ID password, it is a phishing email meant to steal your identity. NEVER give out your CWRU Network ID password!
The CWRU password must contain the following attributes:
- Cannot be a dictionary word of more than four characters
- Must be eight to twelve characters in length
- Must contain three of the four following characteristics
- Lower case character (abc)
- Upper case character (ABC)
- Numerical character (123)
- Punctuation character (!@#)
Please note: If you or your business unit use Active Directory, your password cannot contain more than three numbers in sequence.
Take Me There
- UTech Identity Management
Hours of Availability: