Case Western Reserve is offering an email redirect service to alumni to ensure continued access to new messages sent to their university email accounts. To set this up, simply complete the form by providing a verified external email address (not associated with CWRU) where your mail will be routed. All university email addresses associated with your account, such as firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and any email aliases, will be redirected to the external email address.
Before you begin, you must know your CWRU network ID (i.e., abc123) and passphrase, and have access to an external email address you can check while using the form.
Tools to help
- Don’t remember your network ID? Use the Network ID Verification Wizard.
- Unsure of your passphrase? Verify it.
- Don’t remember your passphrase? Reset it.
- Need an external email address? Sign up for a free one with Google Gmail, Microsoft Outlook or Yahoo Mail.
* Note: If you wish to transfer email, files or folders from your university account, it’s recommended to have a Google Gmail account for easier transition.
Directions to redirect your CWRU email
- Visit CWRU’s Email Redirecting Service.
- Sign in with your CWRU network ID and passphrase.
- Select "Add an email address."
- Add your external email address in the text box, and select "Validate this email address."
- Check your external email address inbox for a message from CWRU with the subject "Your email address verification code."
- If you don’t see it, check your spam folder.
- If you don’t receive it, click "Send me a new code." If you still do not receive it, click “Cancel validation” and contact the UTech Help Desk at 216.368.4357, firstname.lastname@example.org or help.case.edu.
- Once you receive the code in your external email, enter the code in the text box and click “Validate authorization code.”
- If it’s correct, you will see a “success” page and receive a confirmation email to your external email address.
- If the code is not correct, you will be prompted to enter it again. If you continue to have issues, contact the UTech Service Desk at 216.368.4357, email@example.com or help.case.edu.
- Depending on system load it could take several hours for a successful change to take effect
- Moving forward, email sent to your CWRU email address(es) will be routed to your external email address; it will no longer be delivered to your CWRU email account. To update your external email address in the future, return to the Email Redirecting Service page.
To learn how to transfer or download your data out of Google Workspace (previous emails, files or folders), visit the Alumni FAQ page.