CWRU partners with premier providers to offer reduced pricing on technology, as well as technology at no additional cost.
Looking for a new computer, smartphone or tablet? Visit the CWRU estore to view deals from popular companies such as Dell™, Apple®, AT&T™, Sprint® and Verizon™.
[U]Tech Recommended Laptop Specifications
- Hard Drive: 500GB standard drive or 128GB Solid State Drive (SSD)
- RAM: 4GB
- Processor: Intel Core i3
Recommended specifications standard users (non-Engineering students):
- Hard Drive: 1TB standard drive or 256GB SSD
- RAM: 8GB
- Processor: Intel Core i5
Recommended specifications for Engineering students running rendering software:
- Hard Drive: 512GB - 1TB SSD
- RAM: 16GB
- Processor: Intel Core i7
- Graphics: 4 - 8GB RAM on dedicated graphics card
First year students are encouraged to purchase a PC rather than an Apple because most programs used during the first year require Windows. Specific laptop recommendations:
- Dell Inspiron 5000 or 7000 series with full 4-year Premium Support Plus Warranty
- Dell XPS 15 with full 4-year Premium Support Plus Warranty
- Dell G3 with 256GB SSD and 1TB SATA Drive with full 4-year Premium Support Plus Warranty
- Apple MacBook Pro with 256GB SSD with AppleCare
More than 55 software titles are available to download — most at no additional cost. Visit softwarecenter.case.edu to download Microsoft® Office®, Adobe® Acrobat®, Symantec™ Endpoint Protection (required for employees) and more.
Zoom Video Conferencing
Zoom is the next generation of online video conferencing available at CWRU. Experience cloud video conferencing, online meetings, group messaging and a virtual conference room solution in one. It works on an easy-to-use platform across Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS, iOS, Android, Blackberry, Zoom Rooms and H.323/SIP room systems. Visit Zoom to get started today.
[U]Tech partners with lynda.com to provide video-based training for essential software, new technologies and business skills. Popular topics include Adobe® Creative Cloud®, Microsoft® Office®, time management, interviewing techniques and much more. Current students, faculty and staff members enjoy unlimited access, at no additional cost, through the CWRU portal at lynda.com.