As a lecture capture system, CWRU uses Echo360 to provide automated and semi-automated course recording, as well as the capability for ad hoc classroom recordings. Lecture recordings are supported through classroom appliances– dedicated, all-in-one devices that record audio, video, and display sources (such as the document camera). Depending on the classroom and equipment, a videographer may be required to create classroom captures.
All Echo360 recordings are editable and can be distributed to students via Canvas. Using this integration, Echo360 also provides analytics to instructors and study tools for students.
- Access and edit course videos directly
- Gather detailed usage metrics
- Record videos anywhere, at any time, and distribute them through Canvas
- Access course recordings on mobile devices
- Generations of automated transcripts for content published in a course
- Videos benefit from a full, 4-year data retention policy
Echo360 Classroom Availability
For more information about which classrooms contain Echo360 capture appliances or software, please review the Echo360 Locations list.
[U]Tech is committed to maintaining 99.99% availability of our Critical Services, including Echo360.
Echo360 is accessed by approximately 5000 students and 300 faculty annually.
Get The Service
If you have additional questions or need to open a service request, contact the Service Desk:
- 216.368.HELP (4357)
Echo360 questions can also be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.