Echo360 creates an integrated online learning environment for select courses. Echo360 is the lecture capture system that is used to provide automated and semi-automated course recording, as well as the capability for ad hoc classroom recordings and, most recently, Universal Capture (course recordings created using an instructor's laptop or desktop computer).
Echo360 recordings are editable and distributed to students via Canvas. Lecture recordings are supported through classroom Capture Appliances– dedicated, all-in-one devices that record audio, video, and VGA display sources.
- Flexible, easy-to-use and feature-rich interface
- Access and edit course videos directly
- Gather detailed usage metrics
- Universal Capture allows instructors to record videos anywhere, at any time and distribute them through Canvas
- Access course recordings using on mobile devices
- Course recordings benefit from a full, 4-year data retention policy
- Capture full-motion output from several devices, including document cameras, electronic whiteboards, and computers
- Full-motion encoding records applications (such as PowerPoint), annotations, embedded video and animations
- Capture screen resolutions from 640x480 to 1920x1080
- All input aspect ratios supported, which are displayed as either Normal (4:3) or Wide (16:9) output
These packaging options produce viewable media for students:
- Podcast: MP3 audio
- Vodcast: M4V audio and motion display
- Audio Rich Media: Flash-based audio and display (browser)
- EchoPlayer: Flash-based audio, video and display (browser)
Echo360 is accessed by approximately 5000 students and 300 faculty annually.
Get The Service
Request Echo360 for your class or request to use Universal Capture by either:
- Sending an email to email@example.com
- Calling 216.368.HELP (4357)