The Planning & Budgeting Cloud Services (PBCS) facilitates the budget preparation process and financial reporting by allowing the integration of data from PeopleSoft Financials and Human Capital Management systems.
- PeopleSoft Financials provides financial data (by department, fund, account, and project) for the annual budgeting process. Users have easy access to the prior year's actuals, current year expense and income, and the current budget in order to facilitate the preparation of the budget for next year. Once the annual budgets are completed, approved, and finalized, they are loaded back into General Ledger in PeopleSoft Financials. On a monthly basis, budget adjustments, and actuals with transaction details (Journal IDs, Description, amount, voucher, PO#, etc.) are loaded into PBCS from PeopleSoft Financials for financial reporting in PBCS.
- PeopleSoft HCM provides employee annual salary and monthly salary actuals information for budgeting and reporting in PBCS.
Budget users are supported by an experienced team comprised of subject matter experts within the University Budget Office, ERP Financials team, and the Division of UTech. By contacting the CWRU Service Desk your inquiry, issue, or suggestion will be routed to the appropriate team.
- The servers for PBCS are hosted at a data center owned by Oracle Corporation.
- Standard maintenance of patching the Operating System and Security Patching are done on a quarterly basis.
- Access to the PBCS can be done from within and outside the CWRU network.
- Authentication for the general university communication is done through LDAP.
- Break-Fix and enhancements are managed by the University ERP Financials team and Budget Office.
Service Availability within our hosted data center is 99.90%
Available to all university personnel responsible for their department's budgets.