Sparta (Sponsored Programs Application for Research Tracking and Administration) is an electronic pre-award system for submission of grant proposals and initiation of research.
The system, administered by the Office of Research and Technology Management, is currently used for Pre-Award proposals (SpartaPre) and for Conflict of Interest certifications (SpartaCOI).
Sparta Pre-Award includes a number of key features, such as:
- Smart Forms: The system will ask you questions appropriate to the type of research being proposed
- Pre-loaded Fields: Commonly used information will be entered for you to minimize data entry errors
- Form Validation: The system examines data as it is entered to minimize data entry errors
- Budget Functionality: Cost sharing is calculated for you
- Automatic generation of the SF-424 forms when needed
- System-to-system submission to grants.gov
- Proposal "cloning": Once you have created a proposal, you can use it as a template for future proposals
Get The Service
For more information, visit the Office of Research and Technology Management's Sparta Information website.