The Department of Music offers support to first-year undergraduate students and new graduate or professional students. Please contact us with any questions.
Admitted 1st-Year Students can request a digital audition and Current Students can audition in-person or by video to add the music major (before their 2nd semester).
Please contact Mr. Eric Charnofsky to arrange an audition.
As a new student in the Department of Music you're bound to have plenty of questions about the student experience, academic curriculum, placement exams and more. Follow the links below to discover useful information about how to prepare for musical study at Case Western Reserve University—whether you're deciding what courses to take or where to practice, these resources will help you get off to a good start!
- About CWRU Music
- Academic Calendar
- Academic FAQ
- Academic regulations, programs of study, and course offerings
- Campus Safety
- COVID-19 Resources
- Ensembles and Lessons information
- Ensembles and Lessons FAQ
- Instrumental Locker Policies and Requests
- Joint Music Program with the Cleveland Institute of Music
- More about our city
Where is CWRU located?
- News and Events
Check out our upcoming livestream performances!
- Parking + Shuttles
- Music Technology
- Student Information System
- University Technology
- Confirm your enrollment
- See what's in store...campus life
- Undergraduate Orientation | First-Year Students
Department of Music:
- Undergraduate degree programs
- Music Theory Placement Exam (music majors)
- Academic forms for music degree programs
- Recommended courses for music minors and non-majors
- Student employment opportunities
Graduate and Professional Students
- Important first steps
Accept our offer of admission, activate your CWRU Network ID, login to your CWRU Email account, start the visa process (international students), find a place to live, explore your new community.
- Campus Resources
- New Student Checklist (authorized users)
- View graduate life
- Graduate Student Orientation
Department of Music: