Music Operating Schedule (CWRU Music faculty and staff only)
CWRU Network ID Required
|Denison Building Schedule||Harkness Chapel Schedule|
|Haydn Hall Building Schedule||Harkness Classroom Schedule|
Reserve a Room
The Spartan Reservation System can be used by students, faculty, and staff to request rooms and services in a vast majority of buildings located at Case Western Reserve University, including those in the Department of Music. Users will find several request forms because each building has different booking rules and processes.
Reference Guide: Looking for more information and instructions on how to process a reservation using the Spartan Reservation System? Click here to download the Reference Guide.
Before you begin...
- Review our Policies and Operating Procedures.
- Building/room descriptions are provided on our Facilities page.
- Requests are processed within 1-2 business days (does not include Sat/Sun).
- Make sure to cancel (in the system) any bookings that you do not intend to use.
- Reservations may not exceed 120-minutes (2 hours). See exception to this rule for Harkness Chapel.
- When making a reservation, the start/end times should be on the quarter hour/half hour/full hour, and include setup/teardown time.
Do you have a CWRU Network ID? Please use the Spartan Reservation System to create a reservation request online.
Rooms You Can Reserve
Can be booked up to 4 hours before an event and requires no additional approval from the Music Office.
- Haydn Hall: Practice Rooms, HPP Studios
- Denison Hall: Practice Modules, Percussion Studio
Rooms You Can Request
Must be booked by 4:00 PM at least 3 business days in advance and requires approval from the Music Office. You will receive a confirmation email.
- Haydn Hall: Classrooms
- Denison Hall: Rehearsal Rooms, Denison Classroom
- Harkness Chapel and Classroom review rental rates and rules for use
From the welcome page, navigate to:
- Log in to the Spartan Reservation System with your Network ID
- Welcome Page
- Create a Reservation
- Music Department Space Requests: Book Now
- Fill in Date, Start Time, End Time, Recurrence
- Locations: Add/Remove
- Check the box for All Buildings or a single building to view rooms
- Click Update Locations and a menu of rooms will appear (scroll down)
- Click the green plus (+) button next to the available room you'd like to book
- Enter Attendance & Setup Type
- Click Add Room and the room will move to the top of the page
- Click Next Step (blue button at the top/right)
Harkness Chapel requires accessories, tuning, catering, A/V, campus services that are added to your services summary
- Reservation Details:
- Event Name
- Event Type, Group (Individual)
- 1st Contact (temporary contact)
- 1st Contact Name (your name)
- 1st Contact Phone (your mobile)
- 1st Contact Email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Additional Information (include "n/a" for fields that do not apply)
- Check the terms and conditions box
- Click Create Reservation
Those individuals or organizations not affiliated with CWRU can use our external request form to submit a reservation request in Harkness Chapel. Only use this form if you do not have a CWRU/CIM Network ID.
Please check the Room Schedules (above) before submitting a request.
- Review the Harkness Chapel Rates and Fees
- Review the Harkness Chapel Rules for Use
- (optional) Harkness Recording Service Request
Please email us at email@example.com.