Introduction to Clinical Research Summer Series
The CRSP 401 "Introduction to Clinical Research" summer course will be open for online registration in the Student Information System (SIS) in April 2019. For processing purposes, all applications must be submitted prior to May 15th.
This course can be taken as part of the Master's degree, for non-degree credit, or as a Non-CRF student which is non-credit bearing.
The class will meet from 8:00 am - 11:00 am on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, and 9:00 am - 12:00 pm on Wednesdays. The Summer 2019 schedule has not yet been determined; however, historically it meets the first 3 - 3 1/2 weeks in July.
Please read this before you complete the application for NonCRF or Non-Degree Admission!
- Most all individuals who are at an affiliated institution have a CWRU ID#. Prior to creating a new account, if you are unsure whether you have an ID # or what your ID # is, please visit the IT Services website.
- Please provide a valid e-mail address that you check regularly. After your application is processed by the Graduate School, instructions on how to register online will be e-mailed to the address you have provided
- International students must provide a foreign permanent address, the application will not be processed without this information
- In the Institutional Affiliation field, please indicate whether you are at UH, RBC, CCF, MHMC, VA, etc.
- Upon receipt of your application, course details, parking and tuition billing information will be e-mailed to you
- Important Note: You will be officially registered for the course only after your online application has been process, the online registration through the CWRU Student Information System (SIS)!
Please review the guidelines for the Non-CRF and non-degree options below and complete the appropriate application form.
1. The Non-Degree, Clinical Research Fellows (Non-CRF) Option (no credit)
- Available to individuals who hold M.D., D.P.M., D.O., N.D., D.D.S. or Ph.D. and are associated with a CWRU affiliated institution (e.g. University Hospitals, MetroHealth, Cleveland Clinic, Louis B. Stokes VA, etc.).
- See Non-CRF Guidelines for additional details.
- Typically, fellows and residents of Case Western Reserve-affiliated hospitals, who do not have an education allowance, will want to take the course as a Non-CRF (no credit).
- Non-CRFs pay 15% of regular tuition, plus the cost of books and materials.
- Complete the online Application for Admission. NOTE, when completing the online application, select Grad Studies Non-Degree (personal data section) and Clinical Research Fellow (applicant type).
- Non-CRF Application Instructions.
- If the application takes more than 15 minutes, please double check and make sure you have chosen the "Non-Degree", "Clinical Research Fellows" application type.
- Once completed, please be sure to print out both pages of the form for your records and e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and notify Angela Bowling that an application has been submitted under your name.
To reiterate, Clinical Research Fellows:
- Apply on-line
- In the personal data section of the application, select "Non-Degree" for the application type
- In the enrollment section of the application, select "Clinical Research Fellow" (CRF) for the Non-Degree applicant type
Once your application is processed, you will receive instructions for course registration via email from the School of Graduate Studies.
2. The Non-Degree Option (for credit) -
- For individuals who wish to earn credit for this course and/or who may be thinking about a Certificate or Master's in Clinical Research, or a PhD in Clinical Translational Science
- Please review Non-Degree Student Registration Guidelines and Step-By-Step Application Instructions.
View an Overview of CRSP 401 Topics.
TUITION COST FOR SUMMER 2019:
- For Non-CRF (15% of 1 credit hour): $282.30
- For credit, as either plain Non-Degree, Graduate Certificate, or Degree (3 credits): $5,646
Angela Bowling, MA
Population Quantitative Health Sciences
Case Western Reserve University
Wood Building, Room WG 74A
10900 Euclid Ave.
Cleveland, OH 44106