Introduction to Clinical Research
The CRSP 401 "Introduction to Clinical Research" summer course is designed to familiarize one with the language and concepts of clinical investigation and statistical computing, as well as provide opportunities for problem-solving, and practical application of the information derived from the lectures. The material is organized along the internal logic of the research process, beginning with mechanisms of choosing a research question and moving into the information needed to design the protocol, implement it, analyze the findings, and draw and disseminate the conclusion(s).
This course can be taken:
- For credit, as part of a Degree program
- Must apply and be accepted to the Degree program of choice
- Required for Clinical Research Scholar’s Program (CRSP) and Clinical Translational Science (CTS) students
- As a Special Audit, which is non-credit bearing, as a Clinical Research Fellow
- Special Audit is an option for individuals who hold an MD, DPM, DO, ND, DDS or PhD AND are associated with a CWRU affiliated institution (e.g. University Hospitals, MetroHealth, Cleveland Clinic, Louis B. Stokes VA, etc.).
- Special Audit students pay 10% of the tuition, plus the cost of books and materials. Charges are typically paid by the affiliated institution.
- This is a zero credit course. Special Audit students are not graded and this course will not appear on a transcript. There is no refund if you withdraw.
- Special Audit students may not enroll simultaneously in a degree program
- For credit, as a Non-Degree student
Applying for CRSP 401 as a Special Audit Course:
Application Deadline: June 26th
Please read before completing your online application:
- CWRU Network ID: Most individuals who are at a CWRU affiliated institution have a CWRU ID#. Prior to creating a new account, if you are unsure whether you have an ID# or what your ID # is, please visit its-services.case.edu/my-case-identity/activate. Click on ‘Activation Wizard’ or you can call the ITS Service Desk at 216-368-HELP (4357).
- Please provide a valid e-mail address that you check regularly. After your application is processed by the School of Graduate Studies, instructions on how to complete your online registration (through the CWRU Student Information System – SIS) will be e-mailed to the address you have provided
- International students must provide a foreign permanent address. The application will not be processed without this information
- No language scores, GRE, letters of recommendation or transcripts are required.
When completing your application for CRSP 401 as a Special Audit Course:
- Choose “Special Program” under Degree Type options
- Choose “Clinical Research Fellow – Special Audit” under Program options
Tuition Cost For Summer 2021
- For Special Audit (10%): $599.
- For credit, as either Non-Degree, Graduate Certificate, or Degree student (3 credits): $5991
For more information about CRSP 401, contact: email@example.com