- Neuro and Spine Physiology
- Anesthesia for Neuro and Spine Surgery ; Anesthesia for Renal Surgery
- Electrophysiology, Anesthesia in the EPS Lab
- Flipped Learning
- Distributive education and learning
- eLearning utilizing video, audio podcasts, you-tube, and virtual reality (Microsoft Hololens)
- Multilevel Spinal Fusion Surgery and Blood Transfusion Strategies
- Timing of Allogeneic Red Blood Cell Transfusion (Intraoperative versus Postoperative)
- Goal directed fluid management in high risk surgical cases
- Sugammadex versus Neostigmine in Neurointerventional Procedures
- ERAS (enhanced recovery after surgery) guidelines in spine surgery
Awards and Honors
Blackburn CW, Morrow KL, Tanenbaum JE, DeCaro JE, Gron JM, Steinmetz MP. Clinical outcomes associated with allogeneic red blood cell transfusions in spinal surgery: a systematic review. Accepted and in press at Global Spine Journal, March 16, 2018.
Liu, Jia, MD.; Judith Marie Gron, MSN,CRNA; Ehab Farg MD,FRCA. Direct Laryngoscopy Can Still Work. Anesthesia Editorial, March 2014.