Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing
- Epistemology and Philosophy of Science
- Complexity Science
- Adult Failure to Thrive
- Long-Term Ventilator Patients
- Philosophic Inquiry
- Co-Investigator, " Methodology issues in a tailored light treatment for persons with dementia" 1R01AG034157-01A2. M. Figueiro, PI. Site PI for clinical cohort, 2010-2014.
- Co-Investigator, “Predictors of Immunologic Failure in Older Adults,” VHA Merit Award. D. Canaday, PI, 2009-2012.
- Co-Investigator, “Center of Excellence to Build the Science of Self-Management: A Systems Approach,” NINR, 1P30NR010676. S Moore, PI. 2007-2012.
- Principal Investigator, "Adult Failure to Thrive in Long-Term Ventilator Patients," National Institute of Nursing Research, National Institutes of Health. RO1 NR05005-01A2, 2001-2005.
- Co-Chair of the Evaluation Core, “Case/Cleveland Clinic Clinical and Translational Science Award,” Institutional Clinical and Translational Science Award (U54). National Center for Research Resources (NCRR-NIH), RFA-RM-07-002. P. Davis, PI & R Rudick, Co-I. 2007-2012.
- Core Faculty, “Multiple Morbidities in Vulnerable Populations: Nurse Scientist Training.” National Institutes of Health, Shirley Moore, Principal Investigator. 2006-2011.
- Core Faculty, “GAANN Fellowships to Prepare Nurse Scientists as Educators.” U.S. Department of Education, Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need program, J.A. Zauszniewski, Program Director, 2006-2009.
- Core Faculty, "Geriatric Investment Program," Beverly Roberts, Program Director, John A. Hartford Foundation, 2001-2004.
- Member, Evaluation Team, "Academic Careers in Engineering and Science (ACES)." Advance Institutional Transformation Award, NSF, Lynn Singer, Principal Investigator, 2003-2008.
Researcher, VISN 10, Geriatric Research Education and Clinical Center (GRECC)
Cleveland Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- Van Epps, P., Oswald, D., Higgins, P. A., Hornick, T. R., Aung, H., Banks, R. E., Wilson, B. M., Burant, C. J., Gravenstein, S., Canaday, D. H. (2016). Frailty Has a Stronger Association With Inflammation Than Age in Older Veterans. Immunity & Ageing, 13, 27. doi: 10.1186/s12979-016-0082-z.
- Higgins, P. A. (2016). Hepatitis B Virus. Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants, 29(8), 48-9. doi: 10.1097/01.JAA.0000484310.19556.82.
- Higgins, P. A. (2016). Gout and pseudogout. Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants, 29(3), 50-2 doi: 10.1097/01.JAA.0000475472.40251.58.
- Heath, B., Bernhardt, J., Michalski, T. J., Crnich, C. J., Moehring, R., Schmader, K. E., Olds, D., Higgins, P. A., Jump, R. L. (2016). Results of a Veterans Affairs Employee Education Program on Antimicrobial Stewardship for Older Adults. American Journal of Infection Control, 44(3), 349-51. doi: 10.1016/j.ajic.2015.09.026.
- Harris, M. D., Kirsh, S., Higgins, P. A. (2016). Shared Medical Appointments: Impact on Clinical and Quality Outcomes in Veterans With Diabetes. Quality Management in Health Care, 25(3), 176-80. doi: 10.1097/QMH.0000000000000098.
- Sunkesula, V. C., Knighton, S., Zabarsky, T. F., Kundrapu, S., Higgins, P. A., & Donskey, C. J. (2015). Four Moments for Patient Hand Hygiene: A patient-centered, provider-facilitated model to improve patient hand hygiene. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology, 36(8), 986-9. doi: 10.1017/ice.2015.78.
- Hansen, D. M., Higgins, P. A., Warner, C. B., & Mayo, M. M. (2015). Exploring family relationships through associations of comfort, relatedness states, and life closure in hospice patients: A pilot study. Palliative & Supportive Care, 13(2), 305-11. doi: 10.1017/S1478951514000133.
Doctor of Philosophy
Case Western Reserve University
Master of Science in Nursing
Community Health Nursing
Case Western Reserve University