Student Financial Services provides current and former students documentation for qualified students who may be eligible for federal education tax credits.  The university cannot provide tax advice.  For additional information, contact your tax adviser or the Internal Revenue Service.

1098-T Tax Form

The university issues 1098-T (Tuition Statement) tax form to U.S. permanent residents.  Please refer to 1098-T Tax Information

1098-E Tax Form

In accordance with federal law, Case Western Reserve University annually reports student loan interest paid during the tax year in Form 1098-E (Student Loan Interest Statement).  This form is made available to you through our partner, Heartland ECSI.  For questions regarding this form, please call 1.888.549.3274.  The University issues the form for the following types of student loans:

  • Federal Perkins Loans
  • Health Profession Student Loans
  • Loans for Disadvantaged Students
  • University Loans

International Students

  • 1098-T tax form, upon request
  • TL11A Canadian tax form, upon request

For information about tax forms provided by other departments, please visit: