Term Withdrawals

Academic Separation or Term Withdrawal

Decisions regarding academic separation are generally made between semesters, before tuition for any subsequent semester has been posted.  Students who have registered for classes for a new semester and have been charged tuition and other fees will be subject to the same refund policy (see Withdrawal & Refund Schedule) as students who have voluntarily withdrawn.

If a student is living in a CWRU housing unit or have a meal plan at the time of academic separation or term withdrawal, housing and meal plan charges may be prorated (refunded) differently than tuition and fees.  Please consult with the Housing and Meal Plan offices. If a student has an outstanding balances due (See Past-Due Balance Policy), there is a financial hold on their SIS financial account preventing re-enrollment.