Quarterly, Echo360 releases new features, bug fixes, and general improvements to the product. Here we've provided a summary of the important features that will impact instructors and students at CWRU. For all of the Echo360 release information, you can visit the Echo360 Release Notes website. Check out future planned changes on the Echo360 product roadmap.
Q1 2023 Release (March 29, 2023)
- While there were a bunch of new features in this release, they were almost exclusively changes for Echo360 administrators.
January 5, 2023 Update
- We have enabled the ability for other instructors and TAs to copy course content. Previously, only the owner of a video could make a copy, even if that video was in a shared course. This feature can be disabled from the Feature Settings page in Echo360.
December 13, 2022 Release
- Resolved an issue where clicking on a poll from within the Library failed to open the Media Details Page for the poll.
October 18, 2022 Release
- We have added support to publish directly to a Section from Browser Capture.
October 4, 2022 Release
We’ve resolved an issue that could sometimes prevent viewing data from the LMS course from populating in the Consolidated Analytics page.
We’ve updated the list of collections in the new Collection modal to always sort alphabetically.
September 21, 2022 Release
- The player loading icon has been updated with aria support and will now be properly read by screen readers.
August 23, 2022 Release
- The ability to sort by Created Date is back by popular demand in the Easy Embed tool for Instructors and Students! This is the tool that appears when adding Echo360 content in Canvas via the Rich Content Editor.
- Browser Capture is out of Beta, which means this feature will now enter Echo360's continuous improvement cycle.
August 9, 2022 Release
- Instructors and students now have the option to choose to create media right from the Canvas embed dialogue either via the Universal Capture desktop app or now via Browser Capture within their preferred browser.
May 17, 2022 Release
- You can now edit videos by adding, removing, or replacing tracks!