Approximately every 2 weeks, Echo360 releases new features, bug fixes, and general improvements to the product. Here we've provided a summary of the important features that will impact instructors and students at CWRU. For all of the Echo360 release information, you can visit the Echo360 Release Notes website.
As of August 30th, 2019, the download link for Personal Capture (PCAP) has been removed from the platform. Users should download Universal Capture (UC) from the downloads page in Echo360 instead (available from the gear icon in the top right of the Echo360 page), and remove Personal Capture from their devices.
November 5, 2019 Release Highlights
- Echo's typical two-week release cycle will continue as normal into December. To accommodate the end of year holidays, there will be a 4-week break prior to the first deployment in January 2020, which will happen on January 14/15.
- The Universal Capture UI now shows "Edit Capture Details" rather than "Untitled" in the preview title area if the title has not yet been provided.
October 22, 2019 Release Highlights
- Continued improvements have been made to reduce the amount of time needed for Universal Capture to install, update, and start.
- Universal Capture for the Mac has been updated to support Catalina (macOS 10.15).
NOTE: Catalina requires users to allow applications to capture the Desktop. See Allow Access to Inputs in macOS for more information.
October 8, 2019 Release Highlights
- For Universal Capture, transitioning between Working Offline and Working Online is now more robust.
- Significantly reduced the amount of time needed for Universal Capture to install, update, and start.
September 24, 2019 Release Highlights
- Media can now be shared into Groups from the Media Details page.
- Resolved several interface issues surrounding groups and membership or media privileges for members and owners in the group.
September 10, 2019 Release Highlights
- Echo360 Groups are here! Users can now create Groups in Echo360, to bring users and content together in a flexible way. This allows Echo360 users to share media in a tightly controlled setting, to only a small set of people, or to share it more broadly with a larger group of users.
- You can now work offline when using Universal Capture.