Depending on the group settings, membership to a group is granted in one of three ways:
- An open group is configured to grant you immediate membership.
- A restricted group requires approval from an administrator before you are added to a group.
- A private group requires you to click on a link to request membership from the owner.
To find and join a group:
- From the Home screen, type a keyword, such as "CWRU" in the search field.
- Press the Search button. A list of groups and messages containing that keyword is displayed.
- Click on a group name.
- Depending on the type of group,
- Click the Join this group button (Open group). You are now a member of the group.
- Click the Apply to join group button or Apply for membership link (Restricted group). A group administrator will review, then grant or decline the request.
- Click the contact the owner link (Private, invitation only group). The group owner (or other designated role) will review the request, then either issue an invitation or deny membership.