The Case Comprehensive Cancer Center represents the cancer research interests of our community. On the academic side, we represent Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland Clinic, University Hospitals, and MetroHealth Medical Center. On the community side, we have a strong interest in supporting better health care and improved lifestyles to reduce cancer risk, incidence, and death.
Our collective efforts to reduce the high rates of cancer and cancer deaths among our underserved and minority communities have yet to be successful. To that end, we launched a partnership with community stakeholders to engage in a dialogue that allows us to better understand these complex issues and to formulate better-coordinated efforts with our available resources to address cancer in our community.
The Case CCC Community Advisory Board, established June 26, 2012, was created to help the Center establish the principles and initiatives that will improve cancer care for our community. Through extraordinary effort on everyone's part our goal is to prioritize and coordinate initiatives to have a lasting impact on the community.
For more information about the Community Advisory Board and how you can get involved, please email email@example.com.
Forward Movement Project: Community Listening Tour
In early 2018, greater Cleveland residents, in nine neighborhoods, engaged in "town-hall" discussions about cancer risks, community trust in healthcare, and research. The goal was to learn about patient experiences.
- Terry Allan [Cuyahoga County Board of Health]
- Chris Ash [Community Ambassador]
- Kristina Austin [The Gathering Place]
- Kim Bell [Cleveland Clinic]
- Geri Blair [Survivor]
- Chesley Cheatham [University Hospitals]
- Gina Chicotel [Susan G. Komen - Cleveland]
- Stephanie Davis-Dieringer [Stewart’s Caring Place]
- Neal Dawson [Center for Health Care Research & Policy, Case Western Reserve University/MetroHealth]
- Camille Garcia [MetroHealth Medical Center]
- Faye Gary [Case Western Reserve University School of Nursing]
- Stan Gerson [Case Comprehensive Cancer Center]
- Lena Grafton [NEOMED-CSU Partnership for Urban Health]
- Nancy Kurfess Johnson [Survivor]
- Vanessa Marshall [Case Western Reserve University]
- Frances Mills [City of Cleveland, Office of Minority Health]
- Petrina Patterson [University Hospitals]
- Kerri Peterson-Davis [Leukemia & Lymphoma Society]
- Rosiland Robinson [Survivor]
- Kimberly Sanders [Cleveland Clinic]
- Michael To [Asian Services in Action, Inc.]
- Valerie Vinson [University Hospitals]
- Bonnie West [Community Ambassador]
- Waverly Willis [Urban Kutz]
- Uriel Ybarra [Cleveland Clinic]