- Health and Aging Policy
- Research Methods
- Family caregiving
- Psychoeducational intervention
- Caregiving relationships
- Caregiver financial wellbeing
- Meyer, K. (2022–2027). Learning Skills Together: A randomized control trial of a dementia caregiving complex care training intervention. National Institute on Aging (R01), NIH. Role: Principal Investigator.
- Benton, D. and Meyer, K. (2020–2023). Confidently Navigating Financial Decisions and Enhancing Financial Well-Being in Dementia Caregiving (CONFIDENCE). AARP Foundation. Role: Co-Principal Investigator.
- Mage, S. (2021–2022). Focus groups to examine the financial costs of caregiving among Latino/Latino family caregivers. University of Southern California Center for Changing Family. Role: Co-Investigator.
- Benton, D. and Meyer, K. (2017–2021). Knowledge and interpersonal skills training to develop exemplary caregiving relationships (KINDER). Archstone Foundation. Role: Co-Principal Investigator.
- White, C. (2020–2021). A pilot evaluation of Learning Skills Together: An intervention to teach complex care skills to caregivers of persons living with Alzheimer’s Disease. National Institutes on Aging via Emory University Center on Dementia Caregiving Mastery. Role: Co-Investigator.
- Meyer, K. (2020–2021). Changes in social support among family caregivers and the association with pre-clinical markers of health. UT Health San Antonio Nursing Advisory Council. Role: Principal Investigator.
- Translational Science Training TL1 Fellowship. (2020–2021). Changes in social support among family caregivers and the association with pre-clinical markers of health. NIH National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences. Role: Fellow.
- White, C., Meyer, K. and Masoud, S. (2020–2021). Community Academic Partnership to Support Families Living with Dementia. Funded by IIMS Community Engagement Small Projects Grants. UT Health San Antonio IMS Community Engagement Small Projects Grants. Role: Co-Principal Investigator.
Awards and Honors
White, C.L., Masoud, S.S., Glassner, A.A., Rhodes, S., Mendoza, M., Meyer, K. Journal of Patient Experience. InPress. doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/02701960.2020.1838503
Barrera, A., Turner, S., Glassner, A., Brackett, J., Rivette, R., Meyer, K. In Press. "Family Caregivers’ Perceptions and Experiences of Participating in the Learning Skills Together Intervention to Build Self-Efficacy for Providing Complex Care." Geriatric Nursing.
Meyer, K., Glassner, A., Norman, R., James, D., Sculley, R., LealVasquez, L., Hepburn, K., Lui, J., White, C. In Press. "Caregiver Self-Efficacy Improves Following Complex Care Training: Results from the Learning Skills Together Pilot Study." Geriatric Nursing.
Meyer, K., Lee, K., Glassner, A., Pickering, C., White, C. In Press. "Conceptualizing How Caregiving Relationships Connect to Quality of Family Caregiving Within the Stress Process Model." Gerontological Social Work.
Meyer, K., Gassoumis, Z., Wilber, K. (2021). "A Comparison of Negative Financial Events Experienced by Caregivers and Non-Caregivers Following Onset of the Great Recession." International Journal of Care and Caring, 5(4):557-570. https://doi.org/10.1332/239788221X16215259065673
Masoud, S., Sweet, L., Meyer, K., White, C. In Press. "We Don't Feel So Alone: A Qualitative Study of Virtual Memory Cafés to Support Social Connectedness Among Individuals Living with Dementia and Care Partners During COVID-19." Frontiers in Public Health.
Meyer, K., Gassoumis, Z., Wilber, K. In Press. "The Differential Effects of Caregiving Intensity on Overnight Hospitalization." Western Journal of Nursing Research. doi: 10.1177/01939459211002907
Jiwani, R., Dennis, B., Bess, C., Monk, S., Meyer, K., Wang, J., Espinoza, S. (2021). "Assessing Acceptability and Patient Experience of a Behavioral Lifestyle Intervention Using Fitbit Technology in Older Adults to Manage Type 2 Diabetes Amid COVID-19 Pandemic: A Focus Group Study." Geriatric Nursing, 42(1):57-64 doi: 10.1016/j.gerinurse.2020.11.007
Meyer, K., James, D., Amezaga, B., White, C. In Press. "Simulation Learning to Train Healthcare Students in Person-Centered Dementia Care." Gerontology & Geriatrics Education. doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/02701960.2020.1838503
Meyer, K., Patel, N., White, C. (2020). "A Dyadic Analysis of Perceived Support from a Spousal Care Partner on Caregiver and Care Recipient Depression." Aging and Mental Health, 25(10):1830-1838. doi: 10.1080/13607863.2020.1836474
Meyer, K., Yonashiro Cho, J., Gassoumis, Z.D., Mosqueda, L., Han, S.D., Wilber, K. (2019). "What Can Elder Mistreatment Researchers Learn About Primary Prevention from Family Violence Intervention Models?" The Gerontologist, 59(4):601-609. doi:10.1093/geront/gnx179
Meyer, K., Gassoumis, Z., Kelly, K., Benton, D. (2019). "What are the Characteristics of Caregivers Logging in for Support Services?" Innovations in Aging, 3(1): igz006. doi: ttps://doi.org/10.1093/geroni/igz006
Meyer, K., Willis, R. (2019). "Looking Back to Move Forward: The Value of Reflexive Journaling for Novice Researchers." Journal of Gerontological Social Work, 62(5). doi: 10.1080/01634372.2018.1559906
Meyer, K., Rath, L., Kaiser, N., Gassoumis, Z.D., Wilber, K. (2018). "What are Strategies to Advance Policies Supporting Family Caregivers?: Promising Approaches from a Statewide Task Force." Journal of Aging and Social Policy, 31(1). doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/
Meyer, K. (2018). "Carers’ Experiences Accessing Information on Supports and Services: Learning the Social Care 'dance'." Qualitative Social Work, 17(6). doi: 10.1177/1473325017699265