“I have wonderful memories from my time at FPB. I received an excellent education and benefited throughout my life from its welcoming community. It is time for me to pay it forward and support what I believe in. As former Freedom Rider John Lewis said: 'If not us, then who? If not now, then when?'
“The opportunities in the field of nursing are expanding. The time is now to support FPB. It is up to us alumni to help provide for its future.”
Genevieve Szuba (NUR ’77)
Member, Dean’s Society Visionaries
Established endowed MSN scholarship fund
Philanthropy is a Personal Issue
People and institutions give to the Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing for a variety of reasons. As a graduate, you may want to ensure that the students have as many, if not more, opportunities as you found at Case Western Reserve University. You may wish to honor a family member, mentor, colleague or friend. The funds you donate to FPB can be designated for specific programs or the university as a whole. Below are just a few of the many reasons people give to FPB
- To Provide Professorships and Research Facilities that will enhance the university's ability to recruit high-caliber students and faculty.
- To Increase the Percentage of Alumni Giving—a figure often considered both in collegiate rankings and by institutional donors.
- To Promote Research or Scholarship in a favorite field of endeavor such as dance, music or the visual arts.
- To Provide Scholarships that allow students to enroll who could could not afford the full tuition—sometimes "returning the favor" for aid received in the past.
- To Fund Cultural and Scholarly Programming ranging from lectures to performances that serve not only the academic community but also the greater Cleveland community.
- To Fund Academic Programs that will train the workforce of the future.