Equity. Innovation. Transformation.
9 short-term study abroad classes
Broaden your perspective of the world and gain new insight into how different countries and cultures approach social welfare issues, policies and practices
93% employment rate within 6 months
a student mentoring program
#1 in Ohio
22 average faculty h-index
9 research and training centers
The Mandel School is home to nine research and training centers, including three Centers of Excellence, and First Year Cleveland, a transformative community movement dedicated to reversing infant and mother mortality. Our reach is local, national and international.
- Begun Center for Violence Prevention Research and Education
- Center for Evidence-Based Practices (Center of Excellence)
- Center for Innovative Practices (Center of Excellence)
- Center on Trauma and Adversity
- Center on Urban Poverty and Community Development
- Child and Adolescent Behavioral Health (Center of Excellence)
- Community Innovation Network
- National Initiative on Mixed-Income Communities
- Partnership for Evaluation, Research and Implementation
We foster equitable research and training collaborations and provide opportunities for students to participate in all aspects of the research process.
The state-funded $1.4 million Great Minds Fellowship offers up to $10,000 in additional financial support to Mandel School MSW students pursuing roles in substance abuse and mental health treatment.