School Social Work Procedures

After completing your foundation courses in social work, complete Baldwin Wallace’s online application to the graduate education program.  Select school social work as your program of interest. 

Print the School Social Work Verification of Eligibility form and return it to Marjorie Edguer,, Director of School Social Work, for completion. Email the signed form to the Baldwin Wallace Admissions Office The phone is 440.826.2778. 

Once you’ve received a letter of admission from Baldwin Wallace University, register for your education courses over the phone by contacting Gail Habig,  at 440.826.6534. 

Review the current school social work education courses schedule.

Current BW tuition costs are online.

Baldwin Wallace will bill you electronically; payment is not needed at the time of registration. 

Transcripts and Grades

After completion of all education courses, contact the Baldwin Wallace Registration and Records office 440.826.2126 and request that your Baldwin Wallace transcript be sent electronically to at the Mandel School.  These courses must appear on your final graduating transcript from the Mandel School.

Baldwin Wallace credits will appear on your Case Western Reserve University transcript, but the grades will not be reflected in the GPA. 

Financial Aid

Financial aid packages, which may include scholarships, grants, work study awards, and/or need and non need-based loans are available through the Mandel School.

Prior to each applicable term, notify the Mandel School Financial Aid office in writing of your Baldwin Wallace registration and tuition charges. Baldwin Wallace tuition charges will be added to your aid budget and considered in your financial aid package. 

School social work students typically take courses at Baldwin Wallace online during the summer semester.  If you do not have the resources to pay for the summer Baldwin Wallace courses, you may increase your federal loans to assist with the tuition.  Because the Mandel School is your “home” school, Mandel financial aid will process this loan request.  

Please see the 2023 - 2024 Financial Aid Checklist for the Summer Semester: Pupil Services License in School Social Work.  If you have questions about Baldwin Wallace tuition and payment, please contact Baldwin Wallace at 440.826.2217. If you have financial aid questions, please contact Richard Sigg,, Director of Admissions at the Mandel School. 

Field Education

When students complete their field education placement forms, they must indicate they are pursuing the school social work program so their field advisor can provide information about approved interviewing sites. Eligibility to apply for the pupil services license in school social work requires two semesters of field education in an approved school placement. 

Because school hours are shorter than most other agencies’ hours, you may include other assignments, research, or special projects assigned by your field instructor and included in the learning contract as part of your field hours. Contact your field advisor to discuss what is acceptable as they must approve any extra hours you need to meet the minimum field requirements. 

Application for Pupil Services License (PSL) in School Social work from the Ohio Department of Education

When you have graduated, received your MSW diploma, and earned your Ohio-LSW, please contact Jennifer Murphy at Baldwin Wallace who will assist you with the application process. 

Jennifer Murphy, MEd
Field Coordinator and Licensure Specialist
College of Education and Health Sciences
Baldwin Wallace University

A Letter of Verification from the Director of School Social Work will be sent to you after graduation and serves as verification that course and field requirements have been met.  This letter is authorized only after Baldwin Wallace course credits have been transferred to your Mandel School transcript.  Credits are not automatically transferred.  Students/Graduates must request Baldwin Wallace transcript/grades be sent to Please be sure we have your current address. 

  • In application for the pupil services license, you will need to have a final Mandel School transcript (including Baldwin Wallace courses) sent to Jennifer Murphy,, Field Coordinator and Licensure Specialist, Baldwin Wallace University. 
  • Valid FBI and BCI background checks are required.  You may complete fingerprinting services with any area provider.  Paper copies of the reports should be sent to Baldwin Wallace and electronic copies should be sent directly to the Ohio Department of Education. 
  • The application for licensure must be submitted through the official ODE/SAFE website. Candidates will first need to register for an active account on the website and then submit an application for the pupil services license in school social work (a five-year license).  Select Baldwin Wallace as the institution attended in order for Baldwin Wallace to review your application. 
  • Mandel School graduates eligible to apply for the school social work pupil services license must do so within six years of completing their coursework (Baldwin Wallace Division of Education policy, 2018) or will need to be re-assessed for eligibility.


N. Marjorie Edguer, PhD, LISW-S, LICDC-CS
Assistant Professor and Director of School Social Work
Case Western Reserve University

Kate Glaser, MA.Ed
Associate Director of Admissions
Baldwin Wallace University

Gail Habig. MA
MAEd Academic Program Assistant
College of Education and Health Sciences
Baldwin Wallace University

Jennifer Murphy, MEd
Field Coordinator and Licensure Specialist
College of Education and Health Sciences  
Baldwin Wallace University