Apply and register to Baldwin Wallace University
- Complete Baldwin Wallace’s online application for admission to the Graduate Education program. Select CWRU School Social Work as your program of interest.
- From the BW page, print the School Social Work Enrollment Eligibility form and return it completed to Sarah Andrews, Director of School Social Work or the Mandel School Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org. Baldwin Wallace University will accept a faxed copy of the signed Enrollment Eligibility Form only when it is faxed from the Mandel School Registrar to the BW Admission Office at 440.826.2778
- Once you have received a letter of admission from Baldwin Wallace University, you are generally able to register for BW courses over the phone by contacting Gail Habig, Program Assistant, at 440.826.6534.
- Review the required school social work course schedule.
- Current BW tuition costs are online.
- BW will bill students; payment is not needed at the time of registration.
Transcripts and grades
- Transcript Request Forms can be obtained from the Baldwin Wallace University Registration & Records Office | 440.826.2126
- Baldwin Wallace credits will appear on the CWRU transcript, but will not be reflected in the GPA.
- At the end of each Baldwin Wallace term, students must request that BW transcripts be sent to: Academic Affairs, Attention: Mandel School Registrar or email electronic transcript to email@example.com | Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences | Case Western Reserve University | 10900 Euclid Ave. | Cleveland, OH | 44106-7164 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial Aid packages, which may include scholarships, grants, work study awards, and/or need and non-need based loans, are available for through the Mandel School.
Prior to each term, notify the Mandel School Financial Aid Office, in writing, of your BW registration and tuition charges. Baldwin Wallace tuition charges will be added to your aid budget and considered in your financial aid package.
School social work students ordinarily take courses at Baldwin Wallace (BW) during the summer semester. However, if you do not have the resources to pay for the summer BW classes, you may increase your federal loans to assist with paying BW tuition. Because the Mandel School is your home school, we will process your loan request.
If you want to borrow from the federal loan programs, please follow the these steps:
- Notify the Mandel School Financial Aid Office at email@example.com that you want to borrow from the federal loan programs. In your email, let us know how many BW credit hours and how many Mandel School credit hours you will take during the summer semester. We will notify the Office of University Financial Aid to process your loans to include credit hours outside of Mandel School. Note: The Office of University Financial Aid will begin financial aid processing for graduate students in early May for the following academic year.
- Make sure you have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The six-digit federal school code for the Mandel School is E00084.
- Complete the CWRU Financial Aid Application.
- Submit all documentation of income (taxable and untaxed) if required and respond to all requests for additional information.
- Accept your financial aid award via your My Financial Aid portal.
- Complete online Entrance Counseling and sign Promissory Notes online if accepting federal loans for the first time.
BW tuition is not billed through Case Western Reserve University. You are responsible for paying Baldwin Wallace directly.
Financial aid over and beyond the cost of tuition will be issued to you in the form of a refund check. Checks are issued after the add/drop period each term and will be mailed to your local (current) address in the Student Information System. If your financial aid exceeds CWRU tuition, you may use your refund check to pay for your BW courses.
If you have questions about BW tuition and payment due dates please contact BW at 440.826.2217. If you have financial aid questions, please contact Mandel School Admissions.
When students complete their field education placement forms, which ordinarily are distributed to all first-year students during the spring semester, they should indicate that they are in the School Social Work Program. The Field Education Office will provide information on interviewing sites.
Because school hours are shorter than most other agencies’ hours, you can include other assignments, research or special projects assigned by your field instructor and included in the learning contract as part of your field hours. Please contact your field advisor to discuss what is acceptable. Your field faculty advisor must approve any extra hours that you may need to meet the minimum field requirements.
Application for licensure
At the completion of the program, the following should be sent to:
Paige Johnson, MEd
School of Education
Baldwin Wallace University
275 Eastland Road
Berea, Ohio 44017
A Verification Letter from the Mandel School signed by Sarah Andrews, director of School Social Work, and Amy Korsch-Williams, director of Field Education, will verify that you completed all of the course and field experience requirements. This is sent from the Office of Academic Affairs.
Note: The Mandel School Registrar authorizes this letter only after all BW University course credits have been transferred to the Mandel School. Upon completion of all BW courses, students must request transcripts to be sent to the Mandel School Registrar. Credits are not automatically transferred. Please make sure we have your current address.
- You will need to have an official transcript from Mandel School sent to the Licensure Specialist in the School of Education at Baldwin Wallace University (275 Eastland Rd., Berea, OH 44017)
- Valid FBI and BCI Background Checks are required for licensure. Candidates may complete fingerprinting services with any area provider. Paper copies of the reports should be sent to Baldwin Wallace University and electronic copies should be sent directly to the Ohio Department of Education.
- Five-Year Pupil Services License Application. Applications for licensure must be submitted through the official ODE/SAFE website. Candidates will first need to register for an active account on the website and then submit an application for a Pupil Services License – 5 Year in the field of School Social Worker. Then, select Baldwin Wallace University as the institution attended in order for the university to review the application.
- Graduates eligible to apply for the Ohio Department of Education School Social Work credential must do so within six years of completing their coursework. (Baldwin Wallace Division of Education, 2018)
Sarah S. Andrews, MA, MSSA, LISW-S
Senior Instructor Emerita
Director of School Social Work
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information
Paige Johnson MEd
Baldwin Wallace University
Graduate Academic Advisor
Division of Education
Baldwin Wallace University