The Masters of Social Science Administration at the Mandel School is required to abide by states' licensing requirements. This includes the licensing requirements of states participating in NC-SARA.
For more information about Social Work Licensure for the state in which you plan to practice, including requirements and applications, please review the State Licensure information and contacts document.
State Licensing Exam Preparation Course
Each year, the Mandel School partners with Licensing Exam Preparation Services LLC (LEAP) to provide a comprehensive licensing exam preparation course which includes the LEAP Comprehensive Study Guide with Practice Questions. The objective of this course is to prepare you for the National ASWB Master’s-level social work licensing exam.
This preparation course will cover key concepts from each content area of your exam. This includes, but is not limited to, Human Behavior and Development, Diversity, Assessment, Diagnosis, Case Management, Supervision, Service Delivery, as well as Professional Relationships and Ethics. Participants will have the opportunity to discuss practice questions and related answer rationale.
Participation in one licensing prep session is included in your student services package at no additional charge to you.
It is recommended you take the Licensure Examination six to eight weeks after participating in the prep course, so you should plan to participate in the semester leading up to graduation.
Check back for future session dates.
We believe in the success of this course in preparing you for the exam. If you attend at least 80% of the prep course, or complete at least 80% of the online module, and take the exam within one year of the date of the course and do not pass, you may take either version of the course again free of charge. The course must be retaken within one year of the original course date.
Learn more about our partner Licensing Exam Preparation Services LLC (LEAP).
Please contact Andrea Porter with any questions or concerns.
- Review the licensure requirements carefully. Be sure that you are aware of any upcoming deadlines.
- Does your state board allow you to take the exam prior to graduation? If so, do they need a letter? Does a form need to be completed?
- Check to see if there is any required additional training or education beyond your MSSA degree. If there is, what is it? How do you register for it? Is there a deadline?
- Look for FAQs or commonly asked questions on the website. Is there anything you have questions about? Are you unsure of what the requirements are? If so, do not hesitate to contact the board by email, telephone, or both.
- If you are planning to get an advanced license, make sure that you are aware of any supervision requirements ahead of time so that you can start planning.
- Remember your resources! Contact your local NASW for consultation, and be sure to check out the ASWB website for more details on the exam and licensure requirements by state.
Letters of Good Standing
Letters of Good Standing inform the board that you are in good academic standing and are on track to graduate. Need a letter? Complete this form to receive one from the office of the registrar. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
Disclaimer: The University does not represent or guarantee that programs which fulfill the State of Ohio's license requirements will fulfill the requirements set by professional licensure boards in other US states and territories.