Review the procedures below to apply for student loans listed on your financial aid award.
If you have any questions regarding the financial aid application process, please contact Matt Colver.
Apply for loans
- Complete your FAFSA. Use the Mandel School Federal School Code 003137.
- Complete your internal financial aid Application found on your CWRU My Financial Aid portal. A CWRU Network ID is required to access this site, which you will be provided upon admission.
- Once the financial aid applications have been completed, an award letter will be emailed to your CWRU account that specifies your gross award amounts.
- Accept your financial aid awards offered in your award letter, by logging in to your My Financial Aid portal.
- Complete external documents through the Department of Education. You will need to Complete Entrance Counseling and sign Master Promissory Notes on the Federal Student Aid website.
- If you have other sources of financial aid, such as VA benefits, or if you are receiving Employer Reimbursement please consult Matt Colver for assistance.
Please note: Disbursement of private loans averages 3 to 4 weeks. Please apply early if you are borrowing a private loan.
If you choose a lender not on the CWRU preferred lender list, please email email@example.com.