Are you a Mandel School student doing incredible, unique or impactful work? You could be featured as a Student Spotlight if you submit this form!
We're also highlighting our MSW students' field education practicums, the valuable learning opportunities they're experiencing and the impactful work they're doing in the community to give other students the opportunity to learn more about our community partner organizations and the valuable learning that happens in field education.
Do you know a student having a great learning experience in field education? Fill out this short Field Education Spotlight form. As a first step, the only information needed is the student's name and program format—an email will then be sent to the selected student with more detailed information and next steps.
- November 16, 2023
The 2023 NASW Ohio Chapter Annual Conference, held Nov. 16–17, brings together 300+ social workers and 50+ sponsoring organizations from around the state of Ohio…
MSW/MNO student Janette Kautzman brings 24 years of military experience to her work as a Change LeaderNovember 10, 2023
Janette Kautzman, a dual degree MSW/MNO student specializing in Community Practice for Social Change, brings 24 years of military experience to her studies.…
- October 25, 2023Master of Social Work student Kate Guditz is becoming comfortable with helping her patients navigate the unknown, and says her patients are great teachers.
- October 24, 2023
In recent years, the Democratic Republic of Congo has been plagued by conflict, leading to the displacement of 5.5 million people as of December 2022, according…
- August 11, 2023During the Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences’ diploma ceremony May 19, graduating student Sydney Evans was called to the Maltz…
- August 09, 2023
Before starting classes at Case Western Reserve University’s Jack Joseph and Morton Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences, Allysia White had her sights set on…
- July 27, 2023When considering how he’d spend his summer, Seth Rose found two opportunities related to his interests in counseling, community mediation and culture building.
- July 07, 2023This summer, Valeria Stutz is teaching a poetry curriculum at a camp called Literacy through the Arts through America SCORES Cleveland.
PhD student Kedong Ding to participate in Data-Intensive Research Conference pre-conference workshopJune 23, 2023
Kedong Ding, a doctoral student, was selected to participate in the 2023 Data-Intensive Research Conference pre-conference workshop.
- June 21, 2023Duncan Mayer, a PhD student, recently had an article published in "Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly."