93% employment rate within 6 months
a student mentoring program
#1 in Ohio
22 average faculty h-index
9 research and training centers
The Mandel School is home to nine research and training centers, including three Centers of Excellence, as well as First Year Cleveland, a community movement dedicated to reversing infant death rates and helping all babies celebrate their first birthdays. We facilitate authentic research and training collaborations between faculty and community partners, including human service agencies, service delivery systems and policy makers.
- Begun Center for Violence Prevention Research and Education
- Center for Evidence-Based Practices (Center of Excellence)
- Center for Innovative Practices (Center of Excellence)
- Center on Trauma and Adversity
- Center on Urban Poverty and Community Development
- Child and Adolescent Behavioral Health (Center of Excellence)
- Community Innovation Network
- National Initiative on Mixed-Income Communities
- Partnership for Evaluation, Research and Implementation
Many of our research and training initiatives are multidisciplinary involving multi-institutional partnerships that address broad social problems, social-work practice and policy. We emphasize dissemination, or using innovative research to enhance practice and service delivery in the community. Our reach is local, national and international. Our centers also provide several opportunities for students to participate in all aspects of the research process.
The Mandel School celebrated Dr. Coulton's illustrious 44-year academic career, and her substantial worldwide impact through the early development of various data collection models now essential to community change initiatives, research, social policy and practice, in honor of her retirement from teaching on June 30, 2022.