Saturday, May 29 | Early afternoon
The Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences is excited to celebrate the achievements of this year's graduates!
After extensive discussion and a survey of graduating students, the university has decided to hold in-person graduation diploma ceremonies this year. The Mandel School's ceremony will be held on Saturday, May 29, in the early afternoon (time TBD).
The ceremony will take place on Freiberger Field and be livestreamed (closed captioning link) for family and friends to watch in real time. Public health considerations require that we limit attendance only to graduates and select faculty and staff assisting with the ceremonies. We recognize that limiting attendance to graduates is disappointing to families and friends, and regret that COVID-19 prevention and safety protocols require it.
You do not have to participate in the commencement events in order to graduate (you’ve put in the hard work, after all!), but we certainly hope to mark this milestone with you.
Register for commencement
Eligible graduating students should have received an email from MarchingOrder, the outside vendor contracted to create personalized graduate slides and manage registration for our in-person ceremonies.
All eligible graduates must confirm their intention to participate in the in-person ceremony using the MarchingOrder platform by May 16. Graduates not attending the in-person ceremonies should still submit their information to create a personalized slide for recognition.
Graduates have until May 5 to provide a preferred name and pronunciation. After May 5, that question on MarchingOrder will be removed.
Graduates may continue to edit their registration (add a message/photo) until May 16. After May 16, graduates will not be able to edit their registration information.
Order academic regalia
Academic regalia (cap and gown) is required for all graduates attending the on-campus ceremonies.
Keepsake regalia for undergraduate and master’s students should be purchased by Friday, May 14.
Rental regalia for professional and doctoral students must also be ordered by Friday, May 14.
Students may order academic regalia in one of three ways:
- Visit the University Bookstore at 11451 Euclid Avenue;
- Call the University Bookstore at 216.368.2650 or 800.825.2650;
- Order online directly from the vendor, Oak Hall Cap & Gown.
Visit the Cap + Gown webpage for additional information.
Updates are continually being made to the CWRU commencement website as information is confirmed. Please continue to check the website frequently for new announcements. If you have further questions, please reach out to the Mandel School's commencement coordinators.
Who can participate in Commencement?
- Students who are graduating in May 2021
- Students who graduated in August 2020 or January 2021 and didn’t already attend commencement
- Students who will graduate in August 2021 or January 2022, are within 6 credits of completing their program, and are in good academic standing
Questions about commencement? Contact email@example.com.
Commencement Award Nominations due April 30
- 2021 Diploma Ceremony Graduate Student Speaker
- Any August 2020, January 2021 or May 2021 graduates are eligible to cast a ballot. August 2021 grads will be eligible to participate in next year's nominations.
- Outstanding MNO Teacher Award 2021
- All MNO and MNO/MSSA students are eligible to nominate a faculty member for this award.